Iceage

Ah sweet! Well the gig isn’t until September so that’ll give me plenty of time to be fully versed with the material before then. Pain Killer (with it’s Spiritualized vibes) and Take It All (those strings!) have been my pick of the singles so far, which are yours?

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed all of them so far but yeah take it all is amazing

yeah the album is GREAT lads

The 1st track is my favourite on the album. What a way to start

1 Like

nah but seriously, this album is fucking brilliant, a title contender

1 Like

I’ve seen them twice. First time was early days when they were pedaling their snotty, insouciant punk vibes and they were bloody ace.

Saw them touring Field of Love and it was dull.

Still, high hopes for seeing them again with the new material.

1 Like

Are you going to their Privatclub show? I totally missed out on tickets but I reckon I’ll get one for Bi Nuu in September.

(semi)annoyingly I’m in Glasgow this weekend, but I saw them debut this stuff in Copenhagen last summer so I have seen it even if I didn’t really know the songs yet

I’ll be back for Yo La Tengo on Monday though

1 Like

The new material sounds promising and @Severed799’s got great taste so I think it’ll definitely be worth getting tickets if they’re playing near you on this tour!

I didn’t really give Field of Love much of a listen at the time, should revisit it…

2 Likes

So that’s Parquet Courts and Iceage for album of the year now :wink:

1 Like

Typhoon*

Aw cheers boss

1 Like

Good album this pals!

1 Like

Yeh really enjoying this

1 Like

yeah this needs more love, it’s fkn excellent

1 Like

Scala gig tonight!

I’m really loving this, it channels that kinda dirty horn-laden rock & roll that I like. It’s what I imagine Liam Gallagher thinks a lot of his music from the last decade sounds like.

Quite surprised at the direction they went on this and how much it’s clicking with me. I was so into the first couple of albums but Plowing into the Field of Love never properly connected with me. I’ll need to revisit it and see if it’s improved with time.

1 Like

this is a thoroughly excellent record.

Thieves Like Us has got a real Exile vibe.

So while this playlist still didn’t make them click, the new album is really pushing my buttons. I’m enjoying it to the extent that once I’m sick of it, I’m tempted to go back and revisit the older stuff again.

1 Like

new London date at the end of their tour Fri, Dec 7th at Hackney Arts Centre. Weird they’re not playing here during the main bit of their tour next month but oh well, very excited to see them again