• Blue Lagoon: Very relaxing and nice
  • Glacier trek: My favourite one, dead good and fun
  • South coast tour: Nice, waterfalls, a black beach, some geology etc
1 Like

#KING PRAWN RING

2 Likes

Saw this when I was there

1 Like

I don’t normally like organised tours (prefer disorganised ones) but it seems like the sort of place you might be better going on them, unless you drive around the island.

2 Likes

Yeah, It’s very much self-drive or go with one of the tour companies (who to be fair seem pretty good).

1 Like

Went whale Watching in Mexico and it was mega apart from being so hungover I got sick over the boat. Cheers Ant!

2 Likes

Public transport.

Aye. It’s how I normally get around when on holiday in most places (and inside Reykjavik itself), but we drove or used tours when going outside the capital.

More of a Somerfields man myself

Were the excursions all mega bucks? Seeing these sort of prices

Yeah, everything is expensive mate, that’s the bad thing about the place, literally everything costs a fortune.

We booked a couple alongside our flights with Icelandair and then used Iceland Pro Travel for the other ones but yeah, they were pricey, we made sure we had everything booked in advance as you definitely wouldn’t be wanting those kind of expenses from your spending money innit.

4 Likes

I am spectacularly unprepared so this is most helpful, thanks!

Next question: is it still worth doing blue lagoon if only ticket I can get is at night?

Probably. Might even be better at night with the stars out tbh.

1 Like

I’d imagine that will almost be nicer than in the day tbh, lovely hot spring underneath the stars, sounds magical!

We did it first thing in the morning on New Year’s Day and it was lovely but a bit rushed as we had a lot to do afterwards, doing it at night and taking your time to relax there sounds mega.

1 Like

I’d agree with this too.

Lots of people go on their way to their return flight home, and it can get busy. When we went it was packed with Brits on their way back to Leeds Bradford Airport, getting way too lairy and drunk.

Don’t know if you can get in to Blue Lagoon at night, but if you can’t and have to go during the day, go for the earliest possible time slot. It gets mega busy from the second slot onwards.

Didn’t find it too expensive. Like drinking in bars is about the same price as any UK city centre and food is reasonable too. Buying drink out a supermarket is $$$$$. Get some booze at the duty free on your way out of the airport.

Don’t know if it’s in your budget, but we hired a car and found that much easier for getting around. If you do the golden circle on a bus tour then you only have a certain amount of time at each site and then have to be back on the bus, if you have your own car you can go at your own pace. We also drove down to Vik for a day and that’s a lovely drive, you go past some other cool waterfalls and get to see Eyjafjallajökull which is the volcano that messed up everyone’s flights (there’s a wee visitor centre there too).

Eat at this hot dog stand:

Iceland is amazing man, enjoy yourself!

1 Like

remember bennett? I hated that song but my mate thought it was class and bought the single.

2 Likes
3 Likes

ice to meet you