iconic skylines

KindPalatableIberiannase-size_restricted

1 Like

That is incredible. Used to stop in going up to Aberdeen and see it every so often.

1 Like

I’ve only been passed it once in my life. I got on the wrong bus to Stirling and ended up stranded at the side of that dual carriageway as some local kids had stuffed firecrackers into the exhaust when it stopped to pick folk up.

Classic Scottish advert here:

2 Likes

It’s absolutely amazing the the underpass the road goes through is not even an entrance but the fucking goods and service entrance. So so weird now.

2 Likes

I came in to post Newcastle. I thought that @guntrip might have beat me to it…

Unfortunately it’s impossible to get the bridges, cathedral, castle, football stadium, The Sage and The Baltic Flour Mill all in one shot

7 Likes

Love this view when I get the train up there.

(makes a nice change from seeing all the railway infrastructure tagged with INCH in the few miles preceeding it).

1 Like

Sheffield doesn’t have many tall buildings but because it’s hilly you often get really nice views from different points in and around the city

2 Likes

In Manchester… theres a great view of the city from my local park… its weird cos from one of the tennis courts you have a decent view of the city about 3-5km in the distance.

1 Like

It has an odd beauty. Reminds me of this very weird Soviet era machine.

1 Like

Kobe is a good one,

Osaka is chuffin crazy
Porto is very pretty

Thought that was the view from Telegraph Hill in my manor - it’s basically the mirror image of ^that :+1:

1 Like

I like ^this one too. Also enjoy the views of the Dawson Heights estate if you were looking very slightly to the left of that view…

Was impressed by sunrise/sunset over Salford Quays when I was working up there. A bit like London’s Docklands if it was nicer and less full of twats…

Maybe not the best shot of Salford Quays (that’s probably one catching The Lowry and Old Trafford) but ^that was my view from the office :+1:

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4AY0s5nSTj/?igshid=1fv3cwzwlowh

:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Big fan of the Köln skyline. Not such a fan of standing on top of a massive and slightly wobbly building to see it.

(this isn’t my photo btw)

2 Likes

Regularly pass Sheffield on the M1 and often reminisce about these:

Kind of like the crane place as well

3 Likes

I’ve got some tinsley towers art in the house. Will take a photo in a bit

1 Like

@anon5266188 I feel you should get in on this killer content

Hahahaha! Wow!

Lines in the sky, that happen to be in an iconic shape!

Very funny deconstruction of the premise.

1 Like

4 Likes