Idles

The person who wrote 6 pages on the album. That is commitment.

People buying 3 copies of the album to support the boys, the band being so cool and not exploitative by deliberately misprinting their sleeves to generate more resale value. This is good for the environment!

2 Likes

A Hymn is great.

The lyrics have never been great, true, but this is next level with the gun noises and the barking and the ‘dadadas’ etc. Musically i like it, the rhythm section have done a great job. Shame the singer/lyrics let them down so badly

4 Likes

aww cute they have their own subreddit

I don’t know, reminds me of a song off the final Beta Band album

Crikey

It isn’t a misprint.

I’m really starting to get annoyed by all these special editions that people produce, well certain types of special editions.

Almost did a rant I’ll stop.

3 Likes

Yes! And not just Idles gigs unfortunately

Some dreadfully self important people in that group. Fucking awful place.

2 Likes

Is that the FaceBook page thing? I had to leave that.

Yep… I was ejected the other week for ‘gross misconduct’ after screenshotting a comment attacking Nadine Shah (after the support slot thing) from the page and posting it on Twitter

This was a week after i received a 24 hour ban for saying i dont like Everything Everything

7 Likes

Just seems like any group even remotely connected to Idles gets loads of their fans turning up at their gigs. I went to see JOHN last year and there were loads of them there.

The fan club was a really good thing initially, promoting mental health awareness and stuff. However it seems to have turned into this really weird cultish thing in the past year or so

1 Like

How dare they misquote me. Livid.

2 Likes

Yeah i went to a Metz gig and half the crowd had an Idles t shirt on

Agree it was a good place for a bit but they are so narrow minded and anyone calling out Idles for recent comments/bad music is absolutely piled on

Part of me wishes i could be there in 6 months when they start to admit the new album is shit

1 Like

Loads of fb music groups I’ve tried have turned out this way. A Fall fan page I’m on is pretty awful with just a heap of old person memes about smoking in pubs

6 Likes

I left the Super Furry Animals Facebook because it was just people showing off their rare vinyl collections all the time

2 Likes

I’ve joined a few band groups and muted every one of them

I’ve just heard Model Village for the first time.

F*** me.

1 Like

I dare you to listen to Kill them with Kindness and Na Touche Pas Moi

Hadn’t realised the last track just lifts the first verse of ‘True Love Will Find You In the End’ until I checked the Reddit (didn’t listen the whole way through on Friday). It’s not done well, or with any attempt to recontexualise the song. He really should take a bit more time to write

1 Like