Idles - Joy as an Act of Resistance (New Album)

This may be a bit off-topic with all the politics stuff going on but there’s one bit in the album where he seems to be singing “CONCRETE A LEMON!”

• Yup, great lyrics eh!
  • No, he’s saying something else (insert below)
  • They lyrics aren’t that, but they should be.
  • You what?

0 voters

Concrete and leather init?

5 Likes

Think there is a lot of jealousy about their success coming out from other bands in various ways, that being one of them.

@Leopardprint thought it was Concrete Eleven, like some sort of soccer team or something

I’ve heard they got a good aggregate result recently

5 Likes

Still prefer my version.

/huff

1 Like

yes

yes

Lads this is a barn-stormer :joy:

1 Like

I love their music, but not sure that having a couple of female members can really put LC in a position to call others out like this, they are all white and are from fairly privileged backgrounds. No idea who they have toured with over the years either.

1 Like

Upcoming us tour/date has Illuminati Hotties and Adult Mum, it seems they toured with Slotface and Muncie Girls after releasing their last album. They do seem to back it up.

1 Like

Bristol tonight, back on home turf. Hoping for a pretty nuts live show.

really looking forward to seeing them on Thursday, I fucking need a show like this right now

No one else at London show?

An audience of 1

2 Likes

Kevin Eldon and Paul Putner are stood next to me at the bar wonder if one of them will fall through it

4 Likes

Stuart Pearce was there.

Oh and it was excellent.

3 Likes

Hahaha amazing

Kevin was with Stewart Lee (with long grey beard) and Bridget Christie at the end. Don’t usually starfuck but I was properly happy with that. When I saw Bridget live last week, she left the stage to Danny Nedelko.

Well I’m evangelical enough about this lot already - BUT: it. was. bloody. amazing. Transition to bigger venues was seamless. GOTY for me.

1 Like

Amazing! Found a few people in the crowd a bit annoying but then I get a bit anxious in big crowds :upside_down_face:

But yeah they were great

Yeah there were a fair share of twats where I was, but weirdly given the vibe of the gig they seemed even more noticeably odious and anachronistic than usual. Hmmm. Always nice to think times could be a-changing… not there yet though obviously

1 Like