Idlewild - The Remote Part 20th Anniversary Shows

This thread really sorts the wheat from the chaff :smiley:

1 Like

I last saw them touring Everything Ever Written and they did fewer old songs than I’d ever seen them do and they’d turned some of them shit (A Film for the Future doesn’t need piano and violin, lads). Does seem like they might have rectified this since though.

Might be misremembering, but feel like there was plenty of old stuff on the last tour and they were on decent form (in my completely unbiased opinion of course). Think Everything Ever Written tour they did play less, think they possibly misjudged how much people cared about that one.

They’re not stupid though, by marketing it this way they’ll know what people are after and they’ll do the hits.

I think they came back here a year after the one I went to and played a better setlist but I didn’t go to that one

But yeah a 25th anniversary setlist will of course be pretty retrospective.

I saw them touring the Best Of album back in 2007 and the setlist was absolutely great. Queen of the Troubled Teens and everything

5 Likes

The Glasgow setlist I posted above, and when I saw them on the 100BW retrospective in 2010ish were both amazing. If they get Bob back it’s even more likely

Can confirm.Ditched the violin by that point too.

1 Like

Just remembering, didn’t they have a short lived bassist before Bob for the first single or two? I wonder if they genuinely mean EVERYONE is gonna be involved?

And yeah if they play I Don’t Have the Map I will be a happy boy

Phil Scanlon!

Dublin and Belfast tickets sorted :smiley: :sunglasses:

1 Like

sorted a pair of Edinburgh tickets!

1 Like

Edinburgh presale seem to have sold out like crazy.
The Belfast presale was f’ed up and didnt go live until 9.30ish

yeah i was 1 min late and seemed to struggle a bit so felt a bit lucky to end up with a pair of seated in the grand circle

1 Like

:grimacing:

5 Likes

Between the presale and the HGATR thread I really want to sack off work and go listen to some Idlewild records.

1 Like

Wait I thought they were going out on Friday FUCK

Presale my man:
https://shops.ticketmasterpartners.com/idlewild

This was an ABSOLUTE BLAST!

4 Likes

Yeah I was confused why it didn’t work for me at about 25 past but I came out and tried again and it worked

1 Like

:+1: