If AI wrote album reviews

Messing around with ChatGPT and enjoyed this

Write a 1/10 review of a new album by Radiohead in the style of Drowned in Sound

It’s hard to know where to start with the latest offering from Radiohead. The once pioneering band has devolved into a shell of its former self, and this album is a testament to their creative stagnation.

From the tedious and uninspired opening track, it’s clear that Radiohead has nothing new to offer. The songs lack the innovative production and experimental spirit that once defined the band’s sound, and instead feel like tired retreads of their past work.

The lyrics are equally uninspired, with Thom Yorke’s once powerful vocals now coming across as whiney and self-indulgent. The songs feel like a pale imitation of the band’s earlier, more groundbreaking material, and it’s hard to shake the feeling that Radiohead is just going through the motions at this point.

Overall, this album is a disappointment and a reminder of how far Radiohead has fallen. It’s hard to see any redeeming qualities in this dull and uninspired release, and it’s clear that the band has lost their spark. Avoid.

1 Like

Write a 1 out of 5 literary journal review of Marilyn Manson’s latest album from a feminist perspective

I recently had the unfortunate experience of listening to Marilyn Manson’s latest album, and I have to say that I was thoroughly disappointed. As a feminist, I found the lyrics and themes of the album to be deeply troubling and offensive.

First and foremost, the lyrics of many of the songs on the album are highly sexualized and objectifying, particularly towards women. Manson’s use of graphic and degrading language is completely unacceptable and contributes to a culture of toxic masculinity and disrespect towards women.

Furthermore, the themes of the album seem to glorify violence and aggression, particularly towards women. It is clear that Manson is attempting to shock and provoke with his lyrics, but the result is simply a celebration of toxic and abusive behavior.

Musically, the album is similarly unimpressive. The production is overly loud and abrasive, and the songs lack any real melody or structure.

In short, Marilyn Manson’s latest album is a complete failure. It is deeply offensive and promotes harmful and destructive attitudes towards women. I cannot in good conscience recommend it to anyone, and give it a rating of 1 out of 5.

Invent a band that would be named album of year by Pitchfork and write Ian Cohen’s 9.8 Pitchfork review of the record

Introducing “The Cosmic Wanderers,” the newest and most exciting band to hit the scene in years. Their debut album, “Intergalactic Odyssey,” is a masterpiece of genre-defying music that effortlessly blends elements of indie rock, psychedelic folk, and electronic music.

From the opening track, “Galactic Drift,” it is clear that The Cosmic Wanderers are not like any other band out there. The song’s driving rhythms and soaring vocals transport the listener to another world, and set the stage for the rest of the album’s journey through the cosmos.

Other highlights include the dreamy and ethereal “Cosmic Love,” the upbeat and infectious “Interstellar Highway,” and the epic closer “Galactic Sunrise.” Each song is a unique and captivating exploration of sound and emotion, and together they form a cohesive and immersive listening experience.

The Cosmic Wanderers are a band that truly defies categorization, and “Intergalactic Odyssey” is an album that demands to be heard. It is a bold and visionary work that pushes the boundaries of what is possible in music, and it is without a doubt the album of the year.

Rating: 9.8/10

Write a review of a Monkees album but misinterpret the lyrics as a metaphor for free market economics.

As I listened to the Monkees’ latest offering, “Headquarters,” I couldn’t help but be struck by the underlying metaphor for free market economics woven throughout the album.

The opening track, “You Told Me,” speaks to the importance of competition and the driving force it provides in a free market system. The line “You told me to use my head, but all I do is compete” perfectly encapsulates the cutthroat nature of the business world, where only the strongest and most adaptable survive.

But it’s not all about competition - the track “No Time” touches on the importance of efficiency and productivity in the free market. The refrain “I don’t have the time, I don’t have the time to lose” speaks to the need for businesses to make the most of their resources in order to stay afloat.

Even the ballad “I’ll Spend My Life with You” can be interpreted as a metaphor for long-term investments and the calculated risks that come with them. The lyrics “I’ll spend my life with you, through all the highs and lows” can be seen as a nod to the ups and downs of the market and the commitment it takes to weather the storms.

Overall, the Monkees have once again delivered a thought-provoking and thematically rich album that speaks to the heart of free market economics. “Headquarters” is a must-listen for any fans of the band or economics buffs alike.

Just checked and ‘You Told Me’ does not have that line, shoddy journalism from ChatGPT.

5 Likes

A great pull quote.

1 Like

1 Like

One of my mates made up a parody of The Girls by Calvin Harris on a 5 hour Megabus trip in summer 2008 that went “I like orange carrots, I like orange carrots, I like orange carrots, I like them carrying a little itty bit of orange carrots.”

I guess you had to be there.

1 Like

We also painstakingly drew a millipede before realising despite the name, they don’t actually have exactly a thousand legs (like centipedes never have exactly a hundred legs)

Reckon NME and that aren’t far off getting AI to write their reviews, if they haven’t already

1 Like

A lot of clickbait articles probably have been. The ones that promise revelation in their headlines, then just trumpet the facts everyone already knows in an incredibly dry fashion…