if I asked you to write A 4 on paper which of these would it resemble the closest?

0 voters

Capital A and then the four from 2 or 3

2 Likes

what’s the thinking behind that 4?

It just seems right to me, I always say “a four without a triangle is nothing but an H in disguise”

3 Likes

turns out we’re mostly all the same in this regard

2 Likes

that’s a motto to live by

1 Like

I like your new image, Shrewbs

2 Likes

have you tried starting from the right with the four and going left - up - down rather than up - left - right?

Swap between a and d all the time.

1 and 4 even

was just looking at the computer a and thinking, why is the hook there? do you start at the top and then do the a in one big loop or something?

Of those options I’d do 1, but I would usually write the A in upper case because my handwriting is horrible and that’s the most legible.

1 Like

I do the like an on it’s side V first (top to bottom) and then do the up down line to create the triangle

Yeah

You can see it here, sometimes I do it a lot more angular than that though. Think the traditional number 1 option I do far more in just ordinary writing but if I’m taking my time I crack out this lad

1 Like

didn’t even realise that was possible, it means you are a creative thinker!

Wow!

1 Like

Funny to think of how early some of these writing habits must get formed and you never question them but there are entirely different methods for arriving at the exact same symbols. Very cool!

I like that you like it

1 Like

It’s really cool

1 Like

That’s e.t. for ya

1 Like

I never used to do it. Only started about 10 years ago as I liked the look of it.

1 Like