If there was a referendum on...

and verbing nouns

Oh why don’t you go and party about it then!

I’ve had to close the poll because we have no way of knowing

for goodness’ sake you’re not an MP yet

75% of voters have made their will known- they want no more polls that only show the results once closed.

I’ll meet with my team and see if we can implement this. Deadline in June.

Pcbe

Votes have different value depending on age eg:

14 - 18 = 1 point
18 - 50 = 2 points
50+ = 1 point

Could have more sub-divisions of course.

• What a good way to engage all ages but make sure it gives extra consideration to those most effected by policies
  • Rubbish idea

0 voters

Good idea but can imaging it enraging older people plus how many of the MPs / HoL are over 50?

So it’s a win win :wink:

Yet!

Posts on DiS to be marked and used towards a GCSE Politics qualification

• A* idea
  • Nobody would pass anyway
  • Terrible idea see me after class

0 voters

Abolish GCSEs and go back to O Levels

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Votes per person = (100 - age) i.e. based on length of time you have to live with the results of your vote.

Posts on DiS to be taken verbatim and used to script a new series of 1970s commie bashing sitcom Citizen Smith

• Due a revival
  • Nah m8

0 voters

Big thread thanks

Marginal seat: +1 vote modifier

Lasagne and chips: +10

was gonna translate that cos it’s a good summing up of the language problem but got called away

done it now though

from that wiki entry

Ordet funktionsvariation har konnotationer av mÄngfald och tolerans och betonar att alla mÀnniskor har olika sÀtt att fungera fysiskt och mentalt. Att alla mÀnniskor skiljer sig Ät Àr pÄ samma gÄng nÄgot som binder dem samman, oavsett om de har en funktionsnedsÀttning, funktionsförhöjning eller genomsnittliga förmÄgor. Ord som funktionsnedsÀttning eller funktionsförhöjning kan uppfattas som vÀrderande och att de antyder avsteg frÄn det önskvÀrda och normala, vilket kan undvikas genom att benÀmna allt som funktionsvariationer.

The word ‘function variation’ has connotations of diversity & tolerance and is an indicator of how all people have different ways of functioning both physically and mentally. That everyone is different is at one and the same time something that binds us together irrespective of individual function reduction, function elevation or average abilities. Words like function reduction (disability) or function elevation (high functioning) can be interpreted as assessments that suggest departures from the desirable norm, which can be avoided through use of the phrase ‘function variation/ function variable’.

I och med att alla mĂ€nniskor har en funktionsvariation[2] sĂ„ anvĂ€nds begreppet ofta i avdramatiserande och utjĂ€mnande syfte av organisationer som verkar för de som fysiskt, psykologiskt eller kognitivt avviker frĂ„n normen och dĂ€rmed riskerar stigmatisering. Även om det Ă€r vanligt förekommande att begreppet funktionsvariation anvĂ€nds istĂ€llet för ordet funktionsnedsĂ€ttning sĂ„ ska det betonas att de tvĂ„ orden inte Ă€r synonymer[3]. Begreppet kan lika gĂ€rna anvĂ€ndas för att benĂ€mnda funktionsförhöjningar, exempelvis högkĂ€nslighet eller sĂ€rskild begĂ„vning[4].

Because all people have function variation it is often used as safe terminology in organisations that work for those who physically, psychologically or cognitively deviate from the perceived norm in order to avoid the risk of stigmatisation. Although it is common for the concept of function variation to be used instead of the word disability, it should be emphasized that the two words are not synonyms; the term can equally be used to denote ‘enhancements’ eg high sensitivity, or special talent.

En vanligt förekommande kritik mot det ökande bruket att byta ut ordet funktionsnedsÀttning mot funktionsvariation Àr att det riskerar att förminska de hinder och behov som finns.

A common criticism of the increasing use of the term at the expense of ‘disability’ is that it risks diminishing the obstacles, challenges and needs that exist within society for people with specific functional difficulties.

Nationalise everything (needs at least 3 voters to be legal)

• Yes
  • No

0 voters