If weed was legalised in the UK a la Colorado/Washington etc

Could help that bad stomach man, not even joking.

Young people barely drink anymore they just smoke weed

Sick of it

Get rid of the ‘anymore’

jfc why can’t i think of a single pun. there’s got to be one out there for fuck’s sake.

Um… urgh…

Laura Hashley? No.

Nope. Shit for twats obv.

austin weed? no

1 Like

WHS (weed, hash, skunk)

1 Like

I haven’t smoked weed since I was in uni, and even then it was maybe only once or twice. That’s due to a combo of a) friends not being into it, and b) therefore not knowing where to get hold of it and assuming the worst if I did have a way (I’d be ripped off, it’d be shit, the NARCS would arrest me).

If I could buy an evening’s worth from Boots, I’m sure I’d occasionally dabble, same as sometimes buy some nice beers for a weekend.

Certainly not a full scale legalisation, but in county Durham they’ve taken a step in that direction: Durham police stop targeting pot smokers and small-scale growers | Cannabis | The Guardian

That said I don’t think I’d smoke it more even if we had the Colorado rules. It’s pretty much the only drug I’ve never enjoyed and actually actively disliked. Only like it when I’ve taken a lot of other heavier stuff, which isn’t smart!

It won’t do you harm no matter what you’re on… worst case scenario, your blood sugar drops for about half hr

When on it’s own aye. Been a couple of times where I’ve smoked some when on a lot of other stuff and I’ve ended up making a brief tit out of myself!

SJW answer: don’t want it legalised unless they let people in jail cannabis charges out.

1 Like

don’t think anyone really knows

Seems individual tbh, but in my experience the softer stuff otto mentioned yer thai/good hash etc has been nothing but a help to me and people I know. Skunks cheaper and more available but that seems to be the stuff that has negative effects if any.

1 Like

Weed is proper rubbish

I think about as many people are into it as say, football
I’m not saying every pub in the land should cater to these people like football
I’m not saying anything actually

Wouldn’t smoke any more than I do (occasional pull of a joint or two at a house party) but it’d make my family and friends’ lives a lot easier. I’ve know people who’ve been convicted for drug possession so if that didn’t happen in future that’d be excellent.

Incidentally, I took a few drags of a joint my brother gave me when I was visiting him in the UK a few weeks ago. Fuck. Me. That stuff was strong. Absolutely zero fucking fun. Totally paranoid for hours after the initial effects wore off. Not for me Clive.

Though weed isn’t really something I enjoy, I definitely think it should be legalised. That we’ve allowed Nicotine and Alcohol to be easily available, but banned a drug that just makes people a little goofy and hungry is bizarre.

Our relationship with it is weird in this country. Seems like a go to defence for all sorts of clueless ne’er-do-wells and as such many of those in power just think of it as some sort of instant psychotic herb that turns people into paranoid scallies. It’s a class thing here now, like the poor can’t be trusted with it, unlike the US or basically anywhere else. Which is sad and weird.