If you could have anything you wanted

This is the position I’m in now really but I can’t think of anything to do but standard christmas stuff and a nut roast because I’m a very silly man

2 Likes

I don’t think that would be a very successful thread

1 Like

Got to be better than 90% of them.

Yeah the years it’s just been the two of us we go through all these conversations about how we can have anything we like. And then have a roast.

Blimey.

1 Like

Just lots of h’ors deurves. Loads of little plates of them strategically placed around the flat and I can plod from room to room like a fancy lady.

Will probably do this tbf

3 Likes

Some kind of fish starter, followed by coq au vin or something like that. Not that arsed about pudding. Maybe a dessert wine or a cocktail.

1 Like

I’m fairly sure I only ever see these in tescos, nowhere else seems to do them

i’d like dishoom black dhal

6 Likes

Walkers Worcester Sauce crisps. Can’t find them anywhere!

1 Like

depends if i have to cook it or not :eyes:

everyone gather round, pull the crackers, get your hats on… heres Matthew with the traditional cheese toasties.

ITS CHRISTMAS!!

5 Likes

Have had free reign most Christmases the last decade or so as we’ve hosted the past 4 years, and every second year before that we’d be at my mum’s and I’d cook (only had traditional every other year at the in-laws before). Best at my mum’s were a honey-garlic-chilli-lime roast duck one year, and a beef wellington another.

But in our house we’ve made curry the tradition - we make five or six curries from scratch (usually using spices from The Spicery) in the weeks running-up to Christmas, freeze them, then on the day we just heat them up and make flatbreads, salads, and lemon pickle, and maybe a fish curry. All quite easy on the day, and it’s gone down well with fussy kids and grandparents as well.

1 Like

ctrl+f “pizza”

wtf guys?

1 Like

Is the whole point of this thread to be selfish about what you want, or to choose something that would be good for everyone.

Because with a veggie other half (who’s allergic to mushrooms) and five year old child, there’s always a compromise to be made.

if I was being selfish, and thinking about what I’d want - this christmas, that I haven’t had all year, regardless of what anyone else might be eating, I think I’d go for a Burger Brothers burger. Not one of the fancy ones - just a classic burger. I’m salivating just thinking about it.

Quite fancy a Burger King tbh. Not had one all year. XL bacon double cheese meal, large, coke. CHEERS LA

3 Likes

£1000000 pls

2 Likes

Have you had the Seabrooks version? Amazing.

I’m having garlic chilli prawns and roast potatoes for Christmas Dinner this year and I’m very pleased about this

3 Likes

quick poll in response to this:

• Dry roast potatoes
  • Garlic Chilli Prawns with gravy

0 voters