If you could read minds how would you use it? (Polls)

• You would tell people you can read minds and do it under testable conditions
  • You’d keep it all a secret

0 voters

• You’d use it for good - solving crimes or only when other people have given you express permission
  • You’d use it for some gain in your career and personal life but nothing major
  • Total profiteering, either megabucks or prime minster

0 voters

• Enter loads of poker tournaments to fleece some chodes
  • Enter loads of chess tournaments to destroy some nerds

0 voters

1 Like

I’d go into it thinking I would only ever use it for good but obviously would be tempted by an opportunity for illicit self gain sooner or later

• Mind reading takes ridiculous amounts of concentration and leaves you pretty much unable to do anything for days afterwards, but it’s normal when you’re not trying
  • You’re like some sort of mind reading god and you can do really deep dives no problem, but it’s quite hard to shut out peoples thoughts flooding in all the time

0 voters

I’d just want to read the minds of men I fancy but I’d probably end up disappointed because they don’t have Mills and Boon style descriptions of me going through their heads.

2 Likes
  • You would read your Mum/close relative’s minds
  • No Thanks

0 voters

I put use for some personal gain mainly because I know I’d try to do the whole totally ethical vibe but I’d definitely slip up at least once and I don’t want to disappoint myself too much

1 Like

Snooping is wrong.
Would be the worst invasion of privacy ever and it would be unbearable hearing people confirming my worst fears about the negative things people think about me.

Also, sometimes people who are overall, mostly good and decent will have abhorrent thoughts, they just come out of nowhere and you’re like what the FUCK was that? Why did I think that?
I don’t want to hear those.

1 Like
  • You would try and read your dog’s mind
  • You wouldn’t in case you fall in love

0 voters

1 Like

actually god yeah i would blaterz end up just reading the minds of people I know/suspect don’t like me in acts of self harm

I’d use it to read the mind of Jeff bezos to get his PIN and online banking details and then take all his money and give it away to people

2 Likes

would just take up professional gambling and probably get assassinated as a result.

2 Likes

or run a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy website, and get assassinated as a result.

there are very few outcomes here where you don’t get assassinated.

1 Like

imagine you read your dog’s mind and it was just ‘bark bark bark’

5 Likes

In this scenario your head just translates things, no way am I reading people’s minds with google translate tabs open

Start a fortune telling business called Mind Your Own Business

• Yes of course
  • No way I hate big business
  • Yes but call it something else

0 voters

What if I read Winnies mind and found out she hates me? I’d be heartbroken :cry:

I’d imagine pets would be so banal, just like LEAVES! FOOD! HI! WINDOW! HI AGAIN!

2 Likes

They probably don’t even think in human…
#makeyouthink