If you found £120 in cash

yeah, things like phones etc are a different matter. easily traceable to the original owner innit. straight cash - not so much

reckon I’d just curse my luck if I lost a wedge of cash

I think for me it’s a conscience thing. Secretly I’d be hoping the cash went unclaimed, but at least if it is claimed then it’s a weight off the guy’s back.

I think there’s also a threshold for this kind of thing. If I found a tenner on the floor, I’d probably just pocket it.

It doesn’t matter whether it’s traceable - you’re not being asked to trace it. Just hand it in, then if someone’s looking for it they can find it.

If I lose something I’m not waiting on some other citizen doing an amateur detective thing and tracking me down, I’m contacting the train company and then the police.

1 Like

Yep, great minds.

1 Like

yeah, that was poorly worded. what I meant was person who had lost say a phone would be able to say what model etc to narrow down the search

The worst social media ones are where it’s something like a football season ticket someone finds at a match, and rather than handing it in to the club (who will obviously be able to contact the individual whose ticket it is), they start a twitter retweet campaign purely for attention.

4 Likes

how do you decide what a fair threshold is though? to some people, a tenner is a lot of money and to others, 120 notes is fuck all

Yeah, but if I say I lost £120 on the 9:03 train from X to Y then that’s fairly easy to identify as well if they have it.

It’s a fair point. The answer is, I don’t know! I’ve found so little money in my time. I’d definitely hand in a wodge of cash though.

fair enough. I’m definitely interested in pursuing this ‘threshold’ thing a little more though. where is the line drawn? a quid? 50p

I dunno!

1 Like

£20

Coins: would definitely keep
Wodge of notes: would definitely hand in
Single note: dunno.

4 Likes

So if the tradesperson visits their local police station and asks whether anyone has handed in £120 that was found on a train, does it matter that it wasn’t handed in to that particular station?
So if I handed it in to police station in town X, but the person is in town Y and goes to the police station there… will they get their money back?

Cop <3er

Seriously, if I lost £120 while travelling somewhere there is no way I would expect to see it again. I wonder what percentage of people would even bother telling the police they lost the money in the hope of getting it back? How many of us would that optimistic? I wouldn’t waste my time. I’d just chalk it up to bad fucking luck.

2 Likes

In this instance I’d hand it in at the station.

Ah didn’t read the OP properly, we’re in London - Yep TfL should cover it

1 Like

I’m not privileged. I have fuck all money. I just don’t expect anyone to be honest enough to not keep it. Maybe I’m unnecessarily cynical. That’s how I am…

4 Likes

I’ve put ‘hand into the police’, but I’d actually take it to TfL. I don’t know why the station wouldn’t accept it - they should have done.

weed aint cheap these days stickboy.