I’d bore a tunnel in the morning
I’d bore a tunnel in the evening
All under this laaaaand

3 Likes

I, Boring

4 Likes

Thread got boring

4 Likes

Came here to post this, glad to see you’d done it already!

PS did you know about this? http://www.grangetown.wales/under-the-river-the-grangetown-subway/

Lol, penarth

1 Like

Is Underminer patented (@epimer)? Because if not, that is a cracker.

Bo Ring

I did not! Shame they boarded it up, could be a slightly rubbish tourist attraction that. “Come see the now largely pointless subway tunnel!” I’d pay upwards of a pound* to experience that.

*One pound fifty tops

1 Like

Borer Batty

2 Likes

You can walk from the under-developed bit of the bay to the bit by Tesco in Penarth Marina! Heady, heady times.

1 Like

Amazing. Not going to lie - I’m absolutely going to offer to take Ms Horse under Penarth Marina with a suggestive wink tonight, then attempt to inform her of this remarkable news before she throws anything heavy at me.

2 Likes

Elon Musk’s Paedofinder General

3 Likes

Nora (the boarer)

1 Like

When you take it out of service you can rename it Dora the Ex-Borer

7 Likes

Derek Aborer.

3 Likes

TunnelBoringMachine0001

The Holinator

I was at the National Railway Museum yesterday (I rate it a 6/10 btw), I got really tickled by one of the machines they used to carry out the dirt from the Eurostar tunnel while they were excavating it, because the staff down in the tunnel affectionately named it Lawrence. I did some snort laughing because I was imagining all these French and British tunnel folk giving it friendly pats like a dog as it went past and being like “do you want a cup of tea, Lawrence?”. Pensioners gave me funny looks and her indoors did her best to pretend she didn’t know me.