If you had to only ever eat one country's cuisine for the rest of your life, which would it be?

Possibly Japanese.

Gets you:

Sushi
Ramen
Wagyu steaks
Good barbecue
Weird kit-kats
Curry (at least katsu curries)

Would probably go US instead but still, a strong contender

3 Likes

Italy, followed by Japan and India.

1 Like

Indian
Mexican
Italian

I get 3, that’s compromise enough.

1 Like

Italian or Lebanese would strike a good balance between food I love and not dying too early.

would love to see how badly a thread of the opposite went ie. which would be the worst cuisine

Indian is the only possible answer

1. Indian
  2. Greek
  3. Lebanese

Dutch

When I went to Denmark, breakfast was literally a platter of Danish pastries. That was amazing.

And in India, it was either the most amazing fresh fruit, or a delicious dosa.

What an unusual answer

1 Like

See. Shite

always feel when friends have come to Spain, (Galicia especially), they’ve been disappointed with the food because I tend to take them to local places and family meals, and the perception that Spanish people live off stuff served in a British ‘tapas’ restaurant is quickly shattered.

Swear most people here basically live off arroz a la cubana, chops and salads.

1 Like

My favourite meals are ‘mystery fried disc’ and ‘bad cheese’

2 Likes

will never understand the obsession with sunflower seeds here either. fucking awful things.

One of those countries that sits between India and China and basically have both cuisines in one

3 Likes

Italian. Closely followed by Japanese

Italy would be well low for me

Indie picks below-
Gonna throw Sri Lanka into the mix for vegan dishes. They came up with a lot of aubergine or jackfruit curries, tons of coconut based stuff, Tamil cuisine shoots right up there.

Ethiopian food also absolutely incredible don’t think I’d ever get sick of that. Vietnamese could happily live off forever.

Thailand wins for me though, banana pancakes alone but their red/green curries, pad thai, tom yums, coconut soups etc. Have a whole culture of vegan cafes called Jays that I’d be well up for.

2 Likes

Sri Lanka - Good breakfast

1 Like

If you had to cook all of the food yourself then

• I would change my answer
  • I would not

0 voters