If you liked [this] try [this]

Algorithms are boring. Recommend a record, based on another record, in a sentence.

3 Likes

If you liked Low’s Things We Lost In Fire try Galaxie 500’s On Fire.

(“Fire” accidentally common to both album titles.)

2 Likes

If you like shower cans you might like Slayer

12 Likes

if you like Low then you might also like Venus in Leo by HTRK

i’m not that into Low but do like that album so not sure if this holds

If you liked Three Lions, try Three Lions ‘98

14 Likes

If you liked forum threads about ‘If you liked [this] try [this]’ constructions then try a song by The Burning Hell about ‘If you liked [this] try [this]’ constructions.

3 Likes

If you liked the indietronica of The Postal Service’s Give Up, you’ll love the improved-in-every-way version of the same idea which is Owl City

12 Likes

Here’s a theme song for the thread.

Edit: if you liked this, you might like the synth version on his album Son of Euro Child, which (like most of his solo stuff), you can download for free on his website… and sling him some cash, if you’re so inclined: Son of Euros Child — National Elf Library.

3 Likes

If you like Peasant by Richard Dawson

You might like Pull the Right Rope by Junior Brother

1 Like

GTFO

2 Likes

I was excited by the suggestion but Owl City seem to be a terrible knock off of the Postal Service :grimacing:

2 Likes

If you enjoyed 2020’s Sixteen Oceans by Four Tet, you might like this recent EP by Mindy Weng Wang and Tim Shiel.

4 Likes

If you like FKA Twigs you might like Julia-Sophie.

2 Likes

This is great, thanks.

1 Like

If you like My Bloody Valentine and ever wondered how it would sound if Kevin Shields made a hip-hop record, try Dalek:

3 Likes

If you like both the first Fever Ray album, AND the idea of Spacemen 3’s Sonic Boom adding EVEN MORE bleeps and drones to it, I reckon you’d be well into this…

2 Likes

On a similar note to the initial suggestion from @sean, if you like Arcade Fire’s ‘Funeral’, try ‘Canopy Glow’ by Anathallo - an album which is equally as grandiose and lyrically deals with many of the same themes present on ‘Funeral’.