If you’re seeing Dean Wareham on tour be sure to get there early for the support

Because they’re on before him.

22 Likes

I just wanna be your support band captain

5 Likes

Is this finally going ahead?

If so, tell the support act. I thought the support was Papercuts but it’s been changed.

1 Like

Aye he was great. Some mad French/Mexican guy who had loads of cringy songs about divorce and erectile disfunction. Somewhat similar to Alex Cameron with added dancing and audience interaction.

2 Likes

This guy has displayed more self confidence in two photos than I will in an entire lifetime.

10 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to this gig for two years but
“audience interaction”.
:grimacing:

3 Likes

Not THE Dean Wareham? Doing the hits? To a sold out audience?

2 Likes

Audience interactions with Galaxie 500 fans can’t be the most uplifting experience for anyone involved.

11 Likes

It’s been so long…
Someone was telling me that they were taking their daughter (who’d really got into Galaxie 500) to the gig but they were worried that the venue wouldn’t let her in because she was just 16 - now the gig is finally here and she’s just finished her first year at Uni!

5 Likes

I’ve been pulled into work on a day off last minute for a late shift :worried:. Sucks but I’ll go in at 2pm.

Looking at the setlists, Wareham plays a few songs from his new album before going into On Fire.
He’s on stage at 8:45pm according to The Islington Assembly Hall website. Hopefully I should get there for a bit after 9pm when he starts On Fire I reckon (I hope).

1 Like

Don’t think the support will be on that early

2 Likes

I’m going to queue early and protest at Galaxie 500 fans being upbeat and happy people and being up for audience participation.

Down With This Sort Of Thing

3 Likes

to be honest hardly any of them were (which made it better)

I was originally planning to go to the Edinburgh show but dallied on getting tickets. I moved away from Edinburgh seven months ago, so pretty glad I didn’t!

Rhyming ‘June’ with ‘Cameroon’ is quite a couplet. Yep, I don’t think I’ll be fretting about missing him if I’m delayed on the M62.

He was great!

1 Like

Ugh…papercuts would have been ideal support material for this…really like his early stuff and the last lp too…

Seems like a very different vibe with the new guy!

1 Like

Personally I would like the approach that others have taken to the recreating the entire album gig i.e. no support and two sets (one set being the album played straight).

2 Likes

Looking forward to finally seeing this tonight. Knackered and up for having a sit down and hearing some Galaxie 500 songs (got balcony tickets… assuming it’s seated up there!).

2 Likes

100% agree - I was actually foolishly expecting this - perhaps because I hadn’t noticed mention of support and I saw Buffalo Tom play Let Me Come Over at the same venue around the same time of the year a few years ago…8pm start: Let Me Come Over…minor break…Set 2 - culled from rest of their discography…

Was brilliant and was hoping for the same…

1 Like