If you’re seeing Dean Wareham on tour be sure to get there early for the support

Ugh…papercuts would have been ideal support material for this…really like his early stuff and the last lp too…

Seems like a very different vibe with the new guy!

1 Like

Personally I would like the approach that others have taken to the recreating the entire album gig i.e. no support and two sets (one set being the album played straight).

2 Likes

Looking forward to finally seeing this tonight. Knackered and up for having a sit down and hearing some Galaxie 500 songs (got balcony tickets… assuming it’s seated up there!).

2 Likes

100% agree - I was actually foolishly expecting this - perhaps because I hadn’t noticed mention of support and I saw Buffalo Tom play Let Me Come Over at the same venue around the same time of the year a few years ago…8pm start: Let Me Come Over…minor break…Set 2 - culled from rest of their discography…

Was brilliant and was hoping for the same…

1 Like

Yes there are seats -was there for Protomartyr a while ago…continuing my uncanny and unfortunate habit of booking seats when I wished I was standing and vice-versa

I’m standing tonight though and to be honest I’d be happy with either I think for this one

1 Like

What a guy!

1 Like

Ryder the eagle is certainly something else… for those familiar with the tv show Goliath… he is like someone I’d expect to be singing in a bar in a scene where Billy bob Thornton is having a fever dream

The G500 selection was beautiful tonight. We got Tugboat, Ceremony and Fourth of July in the encores. The whole thing made me feel joyous and a tad sad at times thinking about where the past 30+yrs have gone since first buying their music. Dean and the band looked very touched at the passionate reception they got.
Only saw the last two songs of the support. He was very interactive amongst the crowd.

5 Likes

I made for the exits after Ceremony to try to make the earlier train (failed). Didn’t think there would be a second encore. Would love to have heard Fourth of July. Serves me right.

Really enjoyed it. Absolute chills hearing those songs live for the first time.

Ryder the Eagle was good, too. Enjoyed his set and he went down well.

3 Likes

He reminds me a bit of Enjoyable Listens, who I ended up catching a couple of times at Great Escape. EL also reminded me of Alex Cameron - very fun live act

1 Like

They seemed genuinely surprised by the reaction coming back out for the 2nd encore. Lovely stuff.

I see the similarity. Only watched that one enjoyable listens video but big Meilyr Jones vibe

1 Like

I’m fucking cursed. After waiting for this gig for two long years… Anyway, to cut a long story short does anyone want a couple of free tickets to see Dean Wareham at the Brudenell tomorrow?

He was good, thanks. Enjoyed hearing about his divorce

3 Likes

Excellent show in Newcastle tonight. Glad I got there early for Ryder the Eagle, my partner got a fair amount of attention from him :smiley::smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Wareham?

I hardly own 'em.

1 Like

How did she find him?

Nooo…a week later i realise they did a second encore and i missed 4th of July …was convinced that was it after ceremony…sure the lights came on and a lot were leaving …

1 Like

it sounds like he found her!

1 Like