If you were hosting a dinner party, what would you cook?

Starter probably something quite light, like a Chinese cucumber salad.

Main get a good quality spaghetti and a proper homemade Italian tomato sauce that will take about 2 hours to make. Do a nice fresh side salad with it and a garlic bread.

Dessert not sure, maybe a cheese board with grapes, crackers and home made pickles. Or Ice cream!

4 Likes

They should learn food.

3 Likes

It is right! It’s such an underrated fruit imo. Tasty! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Normal bread to start
Fillet steak (well done) for main
Creme Bruce for pudding

6 Likes

Can I have chips and fries with my main?

2 Likes

Of course!

1 Like

‘Normal bread’ here is very nice bread. The supermarkets sell ‘American’ bread which is very square and a strange colour and reminds me a bit of that diet bread (did anyone else’s nan eat that?).

1 Like

Some kind of prawns or scallops or something
Beef sirloin, slow roasted, with dauphinois
Making desserts isn’t my forté so I dunno, Vienetta probably.

2 Likes

Am a fan of both Ottolenghi and sedation. Sounds ideal.

Yeh I’d go for something prawn based for starter too! Even maybe a classic prawn cocktail :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Personally I’d probably do lobster but that’s cause I get it for free.

Feel like desserts are a completely unnecessary distraction.

Ooh bloody love a bit of lobster!

1 Like

Me too! Barbecued is best, without it being pre-cooked or anything just straight on.

1 Like

Oh I’ve never tried it BBQ’d. Only had it in restaurants. That sounds incredible though. I do love BBQ’d tiger prawns (whole). :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hungry now.

Me too! For seafood specifically…damn it.

1 Like

I’m not a great cook but I’d have a stab.
Pre-starter, a nice cocktail of some sort, probably tequila based. Might get some hummus and bruschetta bits in.

Starter, some fried veggie pakora things, would have a stab at a lime chutney and probably fail
Main, mushroom and pea stroganoff, my go-to, never fails. Do a fancy rice and garlic bread.
Dessert, Lemon/lime sorbet. Large limoncello shots

Starter: some nice and normal bread with non-normal dips
Main: Bibimbap with tofu and sweet potato and tenderstem and that
Dessert: Either just ice cream or miso brownies with it. Then a real sexy margarita or negroni

3 Likes

Nothing. Realised today that I’ll never understand cooking as long as I live. It’s the thing that stresses me out the most in the world. Hate it.

1 Like