If you won £10million on the lottery or whatever

What would you spend it on? Would you want a big photoshoot in the local newspaper etc or remain anonymous? Who would you tell? How much would you save/invest and how much would you spaff on hats and sweeties?

*This thread is brought to you by it’s quiet at work today and on here and I’m bored.

3 Likes

I’d retire immediately

Stay anon

Probably drink myself to death within a year :+1:

18 Likes

Cheese

Anonymous

DiS

£0

Hats: £15.99
Sweets: £0.99

13 Likes

I would want to keep it anonymous for as long as I could I think. Would buy:

Nice house
houses for a few people i know that need them
nice holiday
Plymouth Argyle season ticket and possibly a few shares
Pay off my credit cards etc and debts of a few people I know
new car
some kind of fund/account for my upcoming nephew
probably some nice shoes
lots of food

then the rest can go in an account or whatever

3 Likes

40,000,000 Freddo bars

16 Likes

Definitely retire, that’s a no brainer. I hate my job.

I don’t really know what I’d spend it on. I don’t want for much. Would see my closet friends right. Sort them out. Lots of holidays. Maybe invest in a brewery. Couple of bags of KFC Zinger crisps

2 Likes

I wouldn’t.

1 Like

Ok, maybe just run a tab up at a favourite brewery then

5 Likes

I’ll send you my business card!

1 Like

would definitely get more cats.

4 Likes

My latest dream purchase is to buy loads of woodland and farmland, rewild it all, put down proper paths to make it accessible to all and then build a forest school / community centre in it for kids who don’t have access to nature.

Basically I’d like to be Charlotte Church.

9 Likes

10 million tickets for the next week. It’s not about the winning for me

21 Likes

Retire. Rent a nice penthouse in Manchester for a base and just travel wherever I want when I want.

2 Likes

Is £10m enough to retire on? Once you’ve bought a nice house, taken care of a few people, travel etc?

1 Like

I would buy the most expensive bottle of whiskey I could possibly find, and drink it on the beach.

3 Likes

Which beach?

Yeah I think I’d stop working full-time at least and do a few more degrees just for fun.

2 Likes

You’d have to be careful, the money can go down more quickly than you think, as a lot of lottery winners find out, and nice house and nice cars cost a lot of money to upkeep. But if you were sensible then absolutely

2 Likes

Ah that’s me out then.

6 Likes

£166k a year if you plan on living for 60 years or around £5million per year if you go crazy as I imagine I would

4 Likes