If you're walking in public and you encounter a set of stairs or a ramp with a railing in the middle

do you walk

• on the left hand side
  • on the right hand side
  • give a fuck m9

0 voters

360 nollie hardflip onto the rail and grind up it

15 Likes

STAY LEFT. EVERYBODY SHOULD STAY LEFT AT ALL TIMES.

4 Likes

Slide down the railing

2 Likes

My general inclination would be to go left, but my decision would be influenced by my intended direction after the split finishes, also by the amount and direction of people traffic on either side.

3 Likes
  • upon reading the poll I pictured a set of stairs going upwards
  • upon reading the poll I pictured a set of stairs going downwards
  • I am aphantasmic

0 voters

alright corbyn LOL

2 Likes

Yeah this is pretty much my methodology. Reason I asked is almost every set of stairs I encounter on a daily basis here, almost everyone seems to do the exact opposite and I can’t understand it at all. Maybe Edinburgh folk are just weird

1 Like

Nailed it

3 Likes

did they win after you course-corrected?

I’m going to test out my theory next time I’m in Glasgow

Keeps you sword hand free. Very medieval of you.

2 Likes

Clive’s from Edinburgh. So I agree, of course.

1 Like

Would love to see you do an ollie, let alone a nollie hardflip

It’s been… a bit over 15 years, but I reckon I could still land one. On a nice flat even surface. And the right shoes. And if no-one’s looking at me.

1 Like

And by “one” I mean an ollie, I’m not Rodney fucking Mullen.

1 Like

Was pretty convinced at one stage that I would skate my whole life. Didn’t quite pan out that way.

1 Like

at least in heaven you can skate

6 Likes

I see kids bombing around town on their skateboards and still think I could do 75% of the stuff I used to. Borrowed my old board I leant to my partner’s brother (nice Landscape deck, independent trucks, swiss red bearings and blueprint wheels), tried a pop shove it and fell over, rolling my ankle in the process. Could weirdly still land a fakie 360 though.

1 Like

There’s still time. For both of us. Let’s hit the Frensham Ponds skate park this weekend, just you and me.

1 Like