Ignore Users

Looks like there’s actually an option to ignore users properly now

I tried it out and it hides the replies from the users you’re ignoring (you can still expand them) and as far as I can see, you can’t see any threads from them that they make.

More details here:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/ability-to-ignore-a-user/110254

Looks like there’s actually an option to ignore users properly now

I tried it out and it hides the replies from the users you’re ignoring (you can still expand them) and as far as I can see, you can’t see any threads from them that they make.

More details here:

Discourse Meta – 27 Feb 19

Ability to Ignore a User

Problem Stemming from these two solid discussions about why this might be ever needed, we started to think and work on allowing a User to ignore another User. We think of this problem as: I am a user, I want to ignore a specific user’s posts due to…

Reading time: 3 mins :clock2:Likes: 105 :heart:

10 Likes

Welcome to last month :+1:

1 Like

Just laughed out loud at this and got a lot of funny looks

4 Likes

Look forward to two users who ignore each other making identical points in a thread

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, shame nobody’s replied yet.

1 Like

Haha, I look forward to two users who ignore each other making identical points in a thread.

1 Like

Where’s the option to ignore users with hidden profiles?

Thought for a minute this was an ultimate bitchy dig at profile hinders but yeah, see what you mean!

1 Like

Was pointed out in the muted users thread by @anon76851889 that if you open your own preferences one section is ‘users’ where you can just do this by entering usernames.

Excellent, thank you!

1 Like

Just an update for those that didn’t notice: you may now ignore users for greater periods of time (previous limit was four months), including forever!

1 Like

Just an FYI for all those who’ve got @anon64105032 on ignore :wink:

Just an update for those that didn’t notice: you may now ignore users for greater periods of time (previous limit was four months), including forever!

4 Likes

4 Likes

Still can’t ignore mods, though.

errr not that I’d want to, they’re all great

:thinking:

4 Likes

Standard on all forums with this sort of feature though.

Yeah, I’m just using the Analogue ignore feature

1 Like