Ikea thread

I don’t mind Ikea at all.
We’ve got quite a few Ikea bits and bobs and normally get meatballs for lunch everytime we go there.

However, when we bought our house, on the day we moved in, we loaded a van up with our belongings, drove to Ikea in Croydon, bought a load of furniture and added that to the van, then drove to Bromley to buy a dining table from a shop that was closing down, before driving to the new house and unloading everything. All to save a days hire on the van.

Heh - I did similar when I moved a couple of months ago

My tv had somehow never had a Daim bar before, so last time we went to Ikea, so we got a bag of mini Daims. Think she managed to eat about two before I scoffed the whole bag :+1:

1 Like

Ikea’s fine.

Know what you’re getting beforehand, check the stock beforehand, go on a weeknight, go straight into the warehouse bit, and it’s easy.

I love putting Ikea furniture together - so satisfying and calming.

1 Like

Yeah, there’s a flat £35 delivery charge on whatever you buy. I guess delivery just isn’t their business model so they want to discourage it. But given the distance I live from one, last time we went we had to get an Uber back to carry all the stuff, which cost the same amount… so might as well get it delivered and spare myself the pain of wanting to impulse buy loads of tat.

Need to go to Ikea soon and get a high chair - apparently it’s the best on the market, and dirt cheap. Dreading it though.

Plus if you are buying a bed or a dining table etc good luck fitting it into a family saloon with all of the doors closed

1 Like

Do you have Sophie Le Giraffe?

We have TWO (both gifts). She loves it (we have kept one as a backup).

1 Like

but frustratingly some stuff they will deliver using parcelforce for much cheaper - including bulky things

I paid £7:50 to get 3x mattresses delivered by parcel force - but am expected to pay £35 to get a smallish bit of flatpack sent

Weird how much kids love em innit.

Although the noise she makes when she chews it goes right through me, which is unfortunate.

1 Like

Read this as ‘flapjack’

1 Like