illuminati hotties

I know they’re in the New Releases thread, but I felt compelled to start a thread of their own.

Absolutely loving the album listening through today. Was excited by the singles released before, but it’s managed to surpass my expectations even. Love it!

• I love this album
  • I like this album too
  • I am indifferent to this album
  • I dislike this album
  • I haven’t listened to this album
  • I have listened to this album, but do not care to share my opinion of it here
  • I have not yet formed an opinion on this album
  • Other

0 voters

1 Like

I haven’t listened to this album but I anticipate I will like this album

Really dig Pool Hopping, should definitely give the rest a go.

3 Likes

she’s so great

2 Likes

Was pleasantly surprised by that mixtape album she put it out recently, will definitely give this one a go too.

1 Like

I really dislike this.

1 Like

First impression, it’s quite boring compared to the mixtape. Will try again.

1 Like

I’m a bit disappointed, to be honest. I was really looking forward to it, I’d enjoyed the tracks that had been released off it, but the whole thing is a bit meh - it doesn’t have the spiky, punky energy that made the mixtape so exciting.

1 Like

Never heard of this band.
I like the album cover.
Samples indicate this is not for me, although I can appreciate some aspects. But the vocals aren’t one of them.

I was a bit disappointed on first listen, I’m onto a second now and it might be growing on me. I’ll give it some time.

I bloody love illuminati hotties. The best :heart:

5 Likes

Heard of them before this morning but not their music.

Liked their album on skim listen and sounds pretty good. Looking forward to repeat listens.

1 Like

Good this innit

5 Likes

IH hits the perfect spot for me between playful pop-punk and wistful, self-aware indie. Such an endearing mixture of catharsis and empathy.

Any excuse to post this again:

Firmly believe that more songs should build to a climax of screams.

1 Like

This wasn’t bad. Not sure about some of the slower numbers or the late 90’s alt rock influences on certain songs, but may still revisit it at some point.

I listened to the tracks linked here. They’re ok, inoffensive enough but they seem pretty generic indie rock, they don’t really do much for me. I can’t imagine I’ll bother to listen to the whole album. Also, terrible band name.

i fucking love the mix of upbeat, silly, vicious sounding stuff and the slower more considered stuff, a whole album of the former would be too much tbh

3 Likes

I’M SO SAD I CAN’T DO LAUNDRY

2 Likes

Both really enjoy this album.and disappointed. The fast songs are fun and kick flip has one hell of a hook but the slower moments aren’t great and I think Free IH (the mixtape) is way better

The vocals are the bands strength and the ballads lack the vocal identity I adore

But the ballads man… they’re very eh

What I mean to say is

When everyday is the same! When every day is the same! When I am tired it’s strange! When every day is the same!

wasn’t fussed by what I’d heard by them previously, but very into the new album. Capitalism is my favourite so far - not sure about the Buck Meek feature at all though

2 Likes