I'm an office worker! (pt II)

Ftfm

You’ve gone native

1 Like

today I have started trying to code something that is really, really hard and beyond my abilities and will ruin my life for a few months. I am an office worker

Been scolded/looked at with confusion too many time for saying ‘holiday’

1 Like

Browsing electric showers on screwfix

Got 295 emails in my inbox. Aiming to at least mark them all as read before I leave (as soon as I can get away with).

Could double down and switch to “holibobs”

5 Likes

On any shared mailboxes?

• Sharing is caring
  • Fuck that noise

0 voters

I’ve been asked to have a meeting during my annual leave next week about my impending redundancy.

I AM AN OFFICE WORKER!

4 Likes

I’m on DiS during working hours .

I AM AN OFFICE WORKER!

4 Likes

I just emailed the company and the new email system won’t let us block auto responses.

A lot of people don’t work Friday.

I AM AN OFFICE WORKER.
don’t touch my mug

1 Like

Just bought it there. Dreams can come true.

Here’s a thing: in my old job I was vehemently opposed to using the communal mugs whereas here I don’t give a shit. I’ve realised now that it was because I was viscerally repulsed by the idea of using a mug that my boss had once used, which is of course a perfectly normal and reasonable way to have behaved.

3 Likes

Haven’t logged into my phone today; only just noticed. No point now, is there?

I’M AN OFFICE WORKER

1 Like

I AM AN OFFICE WORKER

Godspeed.

Just sent a big document to print and misjudged my collection timing. Had to stand at the machine for aaages waiting for it to finish because if I’d walked back to my desk I’d just have had to turn straight back around.

I’M AN OFFICE WORKER

1 Like

Just had a very uninteresting conversation with someone about a shared inbox as it happens.

1 Like

Having moved around this organisation, I’m currently on four shared mailboxes. The last time I checked any of them? Not recently…

I’M AN OFFICE WORKER!

If you are using Outlook then Ctrl+A then Ctrl+Q and you are out of there!

1 Like