👉 i'm listening to the eraser by thom yorke 👈

13 Likes

Good album

Thanks for listening to my TED talk

6 Likes

Great album. Can’t get into his other stuff.

1 Like

As with all of his extracurricular work, I love lot’s of it but some of it leaves me feeling flat. It starts and ends amazingly, mind.

2 Likes

I like this record, it’s a good record, and that is not something you will hear me say in the Radiothreads lightly.

2 Likes

Remember he did the video for ‘pop is dead’

1 Like

Good job Pop is a cat, imo

Maybe the real Erasers were the automatic thread deletions we made along the way.

2 Likes

thom’s laptop beats vol. 1
7.4/10

1 Like

Big fan of this one. Played it loads when it came out. It became one of a number of CDs we’d play to help us sleep, which is more a reflection on it’s soothingly nice production than to disparage it.

4 Likes

This album has a very specific memory space for me as it was the dressing room pre-gig album of choice for a band I was in when we were touring Europe in the autumn/winter of 2006. That Black Swan track was an intense and ominous soundtrack to an intense & ominous (& surreal) few months of my life

Haven’t listened to it in years but I’d imagine it might trigger some suppressed memories

5 Likes

It’s top

4 Likes

Sensational album

5 Likes
1 Like

Agree with this - I wanted to like it more but it just felt a bit thin to me. Haven’t listened in ages mind.

1 Like

Meh. Love so much of his work but the Eraser is probably the least of his non-radiohead work. Not a popular opinion, I know.

Mad that it’s 20 years this year since David Kelly was suicided

5 Likes

Never heard it

Love The Eraser, but Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes and Atoms for Peace did absolutely nothing for me. Very dull. I don’t really go back to Suspiria and The Smile is pretty good if not great for me.

But Anima is fantastic. I really love that album.

2 Likes

Don’t completely agree, because I find Anima tails off, but certainly the Smile has song decent songs, splattered around an overly long album with too much awkwardness. TMB is pretty good, has some weaker moments but maintains a feel at least