I'm making a quiz for our work xmas thing

I like this!

Maybe an entire round of it where all the answers are women

Any example questions would be great (from you or others)

Depending on how local everyone is, getting photos of Christmas displays in shops / shop windows and getting people to identify them.

My mate hosted a quiz for us over lockdown where he had a sports round which was all about Huey Lewis’ album Sports and a 90s round which was all about 1890s

2 Likes

excellent

sounds genuinely difficult

2 Likes

It was pretty tough, no offence to any programmers reading this. My team decided it was probably half and half so let’s just put serial killer for all of them and get 50%

1 Like

Do you get double points if they’re both?

3 Likes

I did a family quiz last year and did an anagram round where they were names of family members (mainly so i could include these)

1. Crimsoned Gonad

2. Oily Romans

3. Animal Grape

4. Angel Groper

5. My Randy loons

3 Likes
  • Which mathematician wrote the very first computer programme?
  • Which act was the first to score a UK number 1 single with a song that didn’t have a vinyl release? Bonus points for the song and year.
  • Only two tennis players in the open era have won more than 20 Grand Slam singles titles each. Name them.
  • Which 3 professional footballers are the top 3 all-time international goalscorers?
  • 'The Bell Method" describes the cure for leprosy but what was the first name of the Hawaian scientist who invented it and for who it’s named?
  • What was the name of the astrophysicist who discovered pulsars?
  • Who was the first singer to win two Grammy awards?
  • Which chemist invented kevlar?
  • In 1903 the patent for the first (mechanically operated) car windscreen wiper was granted. In 1917 a new patent for an electrically powered windscreen wiper was granted. Who were the inventors?
  • Who was the first artist in history to have 5 different songs go straight to #1 on the US Billboard charts in their first week of their respective releases?

there’s loads of others if you do a bit of searching

1 Like

AQoS

5 Likes

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/zoom-quiz-ideas-needed/49437/15?u=smittenmittens

I always recommend “Arguess”!

• plus in a similar vein to Aggpass’ earlier suggestion, name all the female names in Mambo no. 5, Walk on the Wild Side, Song for Whoever, etc.
1 Like

gonna have a set of questions where teams guess the date that these things happened, closest wins a point

first black woman in space? 1992
first black woman gets to north pole? 2007
first black woman climbs everest? 2006

in particular check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Hillary_(adventurer)

what a hero!

Yeah, these are good questions

but the point of the questions I set was to challenge the assumption that men are always the first people to achieve stuff and that ’the first woman to …’ is a separate and lesser category

doing the same again this year, demographic is slightly different - much wider age range up to mid 60s

in particular any topical questions will be helpful

R1: Ikea or cheese - Is this the name of an item of Ikea merchandise or the name of a cheese?
R2: Which celebrity did I see in [insert location] this morning?
R3: AQoS

1 Like

Guess the how good are they really? score

2 Likes

To the nearest 100,000 how many viewers watched the Wimbledon final/Rugby World Cup final/Love Island final?

What was the box office for Barbie/Oppenheimer?

What country became the fourth to land on the moon this year?