I'm starting the Wednesday Evenibg Thread...

… And there’s nothing you can do about it!
Well, the mods could ban me but I hope they won’t :kissing_heart:

Going to a community fundraising thing that some of my friends are involved with running. It’s a really cool concept, you pay a fiver to get in and be fed vegan soup and then it’s basically sitting in a church hall listening to pitches from 3 local charities, voting for your favourite to get the door money at the end. Always leave feeling good and inspired by/about all the people /groups out there working hard to make a difference in our town/the world.

It’s really hot though and I quite fancy a cold glass of wine. Can I have a cheeky couple before heading out?

• Yeah m9, it’s fine, you’re only sitting down for two hours in a hall.
  • No

0 voters

Have a wonderful evening, friends and casual acquaintances :hugs:

3 Likes

Meeting a mate for a mojito

4 Likes

Wine = fine

Evening(ish)

I’m currently on a train into that there London to meet an ATD for drinks and dinner. Must remember to be careful, though - otherwise tomorrow morning’s meeting might hurt.

Lock this thread for 25mins, mods!!

2 Likes

don’t you feel sad for the people who don’t win though?

1 Like

I could rename it to not be the evening thread

3 Likes

I’m sorely tempted

Always feel like that with the Tesco blue tokens (but they do get a runners-up ‘prize’)

ah I just assumed that’s all bullshit and they just give it to whoever they feel like/whoever gives tesco $$$. Couldn’t imagine somebody sitting there having to count every counter

think I wanna try and nail down a boris becker impersonation.

Nah it’s genuine (if slightly, ahem, tokenistic) - our Foodbank got a couple of grand from it a few months ago. You have to apply to be considered but the charities seem to be genuinely local in most cases

4 Likes

Feeding the kiddo dinner and having a beer #lad

Gonna have dinner (possibly those cauliflower masala veggie sausages with roasted veg and new pots) and watch the TdF highlights when kiddo has gone bed

6 Likes

Dosed up on steroids and Naproxen, watching shit TV. Going to make chicken burgers for tea with hash browns instead of buns. That’s Wednesday!

6 Likes

Yes of course. But they still get to talk about and raise awareness of their charity /group and some people end up volunteering too.

1 Like

Feel better soon, chum x

1 Like

Want

Also saw burger king are doing halloumi burgers. Intrigued. Basically, I’d like a burger pls

3 Likes

Gonna put some plastic cheese slices (Morrisons mature ones) in too to avoid dryness and mix up some sriracha mayo.

2 Likes

wish my shitty camera phone would capture just how lovely this place is

6 Likes

I’ll be round about 11pm

1 Like

where bounce?

1 Like