Imagine DiSers driving

If someone asked you for a lift now would you give them one? (imagine you have a car plonked infront of you)

If they asked nicely.

Love giving lifts because then I feel useful. Maybe I should be a minicab

I remember now

A chauffeur, if you will

8 Likes

@laelfy gave me a lift home once.

1 Like

Did you grab a complimentary Irn Bru from the boot?

3 Likes

Got my provisional license just before the start of current lockdown. Felt a bit of a relief not to then be able have any lessons! Think Iā€™d probably enjoy the driving itself. Itā€™s all the other drivers Iā€™m worried about. If we can agree that no one else drives while Iā€™m on the road, should all be fine.

2 Likes

Only thing stopping me is I canā€™t be arsed with the awkwardness of being sat in a car with someone, 1 on 1

Just stick on some really loud gabba

1 Like

I can drive a horse and carriage so have voted yes

3 Likes

Canā€™t. I mean if the criteria for ā€œable to driveā€ was just ā€œcan operate a carā€ Iā€™d expect nearly everyone to be choosing yes, because even if youā€™ve never been behind the wheel before most people probably have seen enough driving to know how to make it go.

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t count, the horse can do that by itself

Maybe an automatic, definitely not a manual

:triumph:

2 Likes

Automatics count

tbf I had driving lessons and was able to drive confidently on a dual carriageway at night, so I reckon that counts.

1 Like

I mean, you can vote whatever you want in the poll anyway, what am I going to do about it?

4 Likes

Best drive was when i drove from near Lyon to Barcelona down the south France coast.

I saw a load of pink birds by the beach and I was like ā€˜NO WAY - thereā€™s flamignos here??! In France?!ā€™
And my gf said ā€˜hahaha you idiot of course thereā€™s not flamignos in France - donā€™t really trust you to drive if youā€™re hallucinating like that haha.ā€™ Then we stopped at the services and i googled and i was right, I did see them!

8 Likes
  • Iggy Pop
3 Likes