travelled in time to the present day.

Sees a poster with a QR code on it.

Thinks it’s a Magic Eye thing

2 Likes

They are magic eye things too, that’s why they’re clever

1 Like

What is a ‘magic eye’

2 Likes

I went on a date with someone 5 years younger than me the other day who doesn’t remember the first ‘wave’ of QR codes. I still find it very weird that I use them every day now after they seemingly died out completely.

bit like podcasts innit. absolutely no one listened to them when they came out except absolute marks and malcolms. died for a bit and then suddenly made a resurgence and now every wanker and his dog listens to them

2 Likes

They’d just think they were wank. And they’d be right.

I thought Bluetooth had fucked it for a while, but no, it’s more popular than ever now.

7 Likes

What passed for entertainment before social media and that

Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but

7 Likes

Never once been able to do a Magic Eye

8 Likes

I bought a photocopy of one when I was a kid. Think a shop was selling them for Children in Need. Spent ages staring at it trying to convince myself that I could see a 3D dinosaur

Pretty sure they’d soil themselves into a coma at the shrieking hellscape they’d suddenly been chucked into before they noticed the QR codes, but yeah that would probably sketch them out

5 Likes

Same. Think it’s my dodgy eyes.

1 Like

imagine if someone from the 00s

travelled in time to the 90s

sees a tamagotchi

thinks it’s a mp3 player

6 Likes

Imagine if Bon Iver came on stage where the audience had used QR codes for track and trace purposes.

3 Likes

I learned in the last few years. It’s not beyond your reach. You, too, can access that level of enrichment as an adult.

Assume they’re called this cos you put them on your iPod? Should change the name of them really?

2 Likes

just tried to do a magic eye and now my eyes are really sore

Still reasonably convinced magic eye pictures are/were a hoax and everyone who says they can see the picture is a big fat liar.

2 Likes

I was always very proud of my ability to “do” magic eye pics. Sadly it wasn’t really the advantage I thought it was.

1 Like