Important Friday questions

Sold a bunch and recycled the rest when I last moved flat and realised that about 600 odd of them had never left the packing box from my previous move. Made a surprising amount on Discogs off of them, about £3 each on average.

Assuming any of them would let me in, Germany, Denmark, The Netherlands in that order. Despite being married to an American, the US is probably quite far down the list…

Ever been a best man/bridesmaid/maid of honour/usher at a wedding?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Do you have godparents

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Do you have godchildren

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Long time neti pot-er here, my sincere condolences.

Tremendous thread.

3 Likes

Supersoakers

• Had one
  • Coveted one
  • Never interested in owning one
  • Still have one

0 voters

Scalextric

• Had one
  • Coveted one
  • Still have one
  • Never wanted one

0 voters

Weird, I did the same.

I ruined an egg poaching pan and a cooker top by trying to make poached eggs but forgetting the water… My parents were, rightly, livid.

i did the opposite… too much water

you had to keep the water level below the plastic bit that held the eggs (i learned afterwards)

1 Like

I was a page boy at my Aunt’s wedding. Had to dress up in a wee sailor suit. 23, I was…

That and my own wedding remain the only weddings I’ve ever attended.

3 Likes

I’ve burned food so badly i thought there was no way the pan would ever recover and almost binned it, but decided to try cleaning and it and now it’s good as new :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Subbuteo

• Had one
  • Coveted one
  • Never wanted one
  • Still have one
  • My girlfriend’s uncle had a mad business idea to buy loads of Subbuteo and sell it in Brazil (because Brazilians are crazy about football), but it got stopped at the border and sent back so they had thousands of boxes in their house for years lol secretly jealous.

0 voters

Had the stadium, scoreboard, dugouts etc. Would fucking love to still have it.

2 Likes

Had the standard football version as a kid.

My dad has one of these from the 70s though

It’s not really anything like Subbuteo, just a fishing themed board game with the name.

I had quite a good knock off version where you pressed the players heads and it had a spring and did some sort of kicking thing

1 Like

Should’ve been a YEAH (YEAH) YEAH option

2 Likes

You Make Me Wanna rewrite this poll

1 Like

The trainers I wore as an early teenager

• The generally trendy ones (Nike Air etc)
  • The serviceable ones (I dunno - Puma or something?)
  • The ones that people might take the piss out of you for wearing (in my day it was Gola or Hi-Tec but things change)

0 voters

Hi-tek as a kid, then i moved uo to outlet store standard reebok b-ball sneakers from the states or Pumas from here.