Important poll

Self checkouts (normal sized ones not those ones with the massive bagging area) should have an item limit/no trollies rule

• Agree
  • Disagree
  • On the fence

0 voters

No trolley rule fine. If I can fit items in the space, fuck your item limit.

4 Likes

I see you with your teetering basket holding everyone up. I see you.

My basket doesn’t teeter. I’m a solid packer.

Always thought that about you actually.

2 Likes

Curious about reasoning for no limit voters.

1 Like

The separate self-scan area for people with trollies that they’ve rolled out in some Morrisons stores is an improvement, imho.

2 Likes

Remember 10 items or less tills

Gonna trade mark this observation so Peter Kay doesn’t nick it

5 Likes

Probably enjoy waiting in a long queue with one item while people put their big shop through, a metre away from an empty normal checkout. Sickos.

1 Like

My local big Sainsburys usually has about two of its twelve odd normal tills open. There’s no other option even if I’m buying booze that needs the thing taking off.

1 Like

“How’s he walked through with a full tin of beans. Must be 400 in there. Shambles. Who remembers watches that could turn tellies over, eh…eh?”.

3 Likes

Also the self service tills at the end of the row are always underused because nobody can see from the end of the queue if they’re working or not

Whatever we have now is how it should be

Almost all supermarkets here have a maximum of one staffed till, for people buying cigarettes, and rows upon rows of self service tills.

1 Like

No limits.

DWIW.

And what I want is to push a trolley through the self serve area.

3 Likes

I never thought for a second that this would be what tore us apart Slickers, but here we are.

1 Like

Baskets: fine
Deep trolleys: nope
Shallow trolleys: am on the fence. Would probably allow it but know your limits as a shopper and use the checkouts if you’re going to clog up a till

1 Like

People gonna people.

Yeah well they shouldn’t.

5 Likes

Someone with a big trolley using an app/scanner so one transaction can be done at the til - fine