In any acknowledgement clubs?

Like when bus drivers wave to one another, or mini drivers flashing their headlights to each other.

I’m in the curl acknowledgement club, a woman just smiled and nodded at me, have had a few people high five me or stop me on nights out about them.

Really looking forward to this ramping up until I learn the secret handshake and have vip access to covert coven-like venues.

5 Likes

‘stache acknowledgement does occur when I’m rockin’ one

Curl acknowledgement happens much less for me since the wider advent of the “meet me at McDonald’s” haircut

2 Likes

Any runner gets a little wave/hello/nod.

Sometimes I accidentally do it when I’m not running and must look an absolute freak of nature

3 Likes

See a lot of bus drivers round my way just stopping to have a chat with their mates, causing a small traffic jam. Love it when that happens

5 Likes

I do this too, by never running

14 Likes

Dog walkers, especially cockapoo owners

2 Likes

Beards. Hate it tbh, really boring. Also why I’d never get a tattoo. Don’t talk to me please.

2 Likes

Cyclists

Then when mountain biking lots of acknowledging with horse riders, dog walkers, runners and additional cyclists

1 Like

I don’t wave/hello/nod at runners who look like they don’t want a wave/hello/nod

1 Like

People with beards acknowledge each other? I can’t have ever grown mine long enough to get admitted :grinning:

Tall Woman Acknowledgement Club here

5 Likes
1 Like

Also after a walk in the peaks where obviously I’m saying hello to every other walker, I’ll come back into the city and accidentally say hello to strangers on the pavement. Awful.

6 Likes

Friend once told me a story of how he was wearing one of those cycling caps whilst stood watching a band at a music festival and he caught the eye of another guy wearing one and they nodded at each other

6 Likes

People I regularly play football against. Little nod of recognition if we see each other at a pub but no need for a conversation

Parents walking with multiple children who are evidently making life difficult.

6 Likes

I was wearing a t shirt with a cycling clothing brand name on it at EOTR and someone acknowledged me about it which was a bit cringey really (fine if we’d been chatting anyway but he just kind of heckled me)

Border Collie club.

Generally extends to all Australians (the dog breed that is) and all dogs with generally friendly looking owners.

Obviously smokers

2 Likes

Does sports stuff count? When I’m wearing Detroit Lions gear in the States it quite often sparks a chat, even though lots of people wear sports gear (esp hats), I think the Lions are notably sad enough that people are interested, especially in Florida where there are a lot of midwest transplants. Also @JoJoMarty first recognised me on the basis of who the hell else would be wearing Lions gear in Cambridge.

Wearing Michigan State gear in London I’ve twice had people shout GO GREEN at me, both times it took me too long to realise what was happening and give the appropriate response (GO WHITE).