In Rainbows turns 10

hm, bought OKC when I was 14, Kid A when I was 17. Picked the latter, which would fit, but I had been a fan before then. Maybe it’s a “first release you’ve bought or first new release since becoming a fan” thing?

1 Like

Kid A came out when i was 15, Amnesiac 16 and HTTT 18, but i guess Kid A waw the first one where i was invested in it before it came out.

Or actually likes Radiohead. What next? Metal Machine Music is the best Lou Reed album and anyone who says otherwise can get fucked?

(I’m a communist, natch.)

1 Like

In rainbows has some good tracks but the direction on AMSP (groves over CHOONS) is much better and much more challenging. It’s vague, and so is successful

1 Like

I would say AMSP is a less good In Rainbows

2 Likes

Vox do a pretty interesting piece on Videotape if you haven’t seen it

Totally concur.

Also Like Spinning Plates is a tune.

2 Likes

GUYS WE DID IT! We’ve finally settled on the correct order of Radiohead albums, well-done team!

In Rainbows > Kid A > Ok Computer > Hail To The Thief > The Bends > A Moon Shaped Pool > Pablo Honey > Some other really indie option like ‘How am i driving EP’ or something > Amnesiac > King o’ Limbs

now lets never have this discussion again. Sean, feel free to close the boards… our work here is done.

1 Like

I really, really like In Rainbows, but couldn’t say that I love it. I think a big part of the reason for me is that I don’t really understand what any of it is about, so I have a limited emotional connection to it. Whereas with OK Computer I feel like I know what’s going on.

Remember it coming out while we were skint students at unit. My mate was a massive superfan so paid 14 sniffs for it. I paid 4 pence.

Think i paid a fiver

Correct radiohead album ranking

• In Rainbows > Kid A > Ok Computer > Hail To The Thief > The Bends > A Moon Shaped Pool > Pablo Honey > Some other really indie option like ‘How am i driving EP’ or something > Amnesiac > King o’ Limbs
  • Other (please elaborate below)

0 voters

I can feel a poll coming on…

1 Like

Do itttt

How much did you shell out for the download of In Rainbows:

• Pennies (soz Thom)
  • £1 - £5
  • £6 - £10
  • £11 - £15
  • £15+ (I’m a massive Tory)

0 voters

Surely a load of people paid nothing

I couldn’t get over Videotape for ages. The “From the Basement” version was easily my most played track in the months preceding the album release.

No, as I was 25 when Pablo Honey came out! :older_man:

Can’t remember, don’t think I paid much for the download, probably pence, but I did shell out for the double vinyl/CD boxset thingy so I feel perfectly vindicated

2 Likes

Oh yeah, me too!

I recall you had to pay at least 45p for a transaction fee. But I paid the bare minimum.