In Rainbows turns 10

Kid A > OKC > The Bends = In Rainbows > Amnesiac > AMSP > Pablo Honey = HTTT = TKoL

the correct order.

1 Like

Like I’d waste my one Radiohead album on something Aphex Twin has done better several times over.

Kid A > King Of Limbs > bside opinion wanker > In Rainbows > Hail to the Thief > OKC > A Moon Shaped Pool > Amnesiac > The Bends > Pablo Honey

Blockquote
feedthecollapse17m ericthefourth
Kid A > OKC > The Bends = In Rainbows > Amnesiac > AMSP > Pablo Honey = HTTT = TKoL

Blockquote Kid A > King Of Limbs > bside opinion wanker > In Rainbows > Hail to the Thief > OKC > A Moon Shaped Pool > Amnesiac > The Bends > Pablo Honey

Listen you Kid A wankers, you’ve been SCIENTIFICALLY proven wrong, let it die.

you can only have one of these for the rest of time

• Kid A
  • Amnesiac

0 voters

OKC = In Rainbows > HTTT > Amnesiac > Kid A > King of Limbs > The Bends > Pablo Honey > A Moon Shaped Pool

Kid A is obviously the best by some distance. It’s the only one I revisit regularly. Thanks for your time.

2 Likes

Like that Arthur C Clarke short story where a computer is calculating all the possible names of god, and when the program finishes the stars start going out

2 Likes

I was 15 when In Rainbows came out. Didn’t like it. Must have been a stupid kid.

I appreciate it now but it’s never been my favourite Radiohead album. It lacks something extra that makes The Bends, OK Computer and Kid A classics.

2 Likes

Think I actually agree entirely with this!

i wondered why some people didn’t like the album version so much

As people have said, it’s one of their 4 truly great records. To discern between them depends on mood, over-familiarity, etc.

What I loved about In Rainbows is how smooth and calm it sounded… and it’s a relatively ‘up’ sounding record compared to some of their others. After HTTF, it really was an astounding return to peak form.

2 Likes

I started watching that video once but it seemed design for Reddit Radiohead nerds and couldn’t make it past the first minute or so

it’s literally a 30 minute video to go ‘this song is syncopated in a clever way that you can’t hear’ except you totally can hear it?

There seemed to be a lot of “now usually musicians play on the beat, but here Radiohead do the unthinkable and they actually play OFF the beat!”

6 Likes

Wasn’t this after the album came out? Or did you mean the solo Thom one upthread? I’d say that full band Basement version is one of the all-round best though

Isn’t Pyramid song the one where they alternate between off and on the beat from one bar to the next?

I genuinely think this is all to do with release date. If Amnesiac had come out first and kid a had achieved a reputation as being leftovers from the amnesiac sessions more people would agree with me that amnesiac is best.

nah no fucking way. i’ve never bought that thing about amnesiac being kid A b-sides, it’s just nowhere near as good, as coherent or as satisfying. if they’d put out amnesiac first id be going ‘the b-sides are loads better’

3 Likes

Amnesiac is very fluctuating in quality and mood. Even though it has two of their best songs, Kid A has four absolute beasts of a song on it and is a more cohesive album as a whole.

4 Likes