Incels #SSP

Just read a really fucking haunting short story on the topic:

This is going to be creeping me out for ages.

1 Like

I’m sorry mate do you have anything shorter than Das Kapital?

6 Likes

YOUR LOSS PAL

das lower kase?

18 Likes

Some of this is good if you can stomach it

2 Likes

Bit cheesy

3 Likes

That is fucking dark.

2 Likes

I really like some of Tony Tulathimutte’s articles and shit, never actually read any fiction by him - anyone read Private Citizens?

Gosh that was bleak.

Very good read. And like the people mentioned preeetty dark.

Disturbing thing is I can relate to the first half of this. Looking back to my early adulthood I could probably have been described as an incel…

Yeah I think this is why it’s so haunting - because there are parts I recognise from when I was younger.

3 Likes

Might start a good incel faction

Nicel.

9 Likes

The I can start afresh at university with no preconceptions really resonated for me. And turned out to be true in fairness.

“What do you mean, the problem isn’t my surroundings but instead embedded deeply into my personality and travels with me wherever I go? That can’t be right”.

4 Likes

read most of this, thought it was pretty badly written and cringey personally, maybe it’s just because I have no knowledge of what a good book should read like

Thought this was a great read and written brilliantly until the cliched cliffhanger at the end

1 Like

Agree the last line took a melodramatic swerve but it does kind of make narrative sense.

I cringed throughout, I think that’s one of the desired responses

2 Likes

I’m talking about the writing though, of course self pitying resentment is also cringeworthy

1 Like