Incongruous music in TV programmes

Rip it Up by Orange Juice is soundtracking a montage in Hollyoaks.

2 Likes

Have you forgotten to log in as @ttf?

Would this legacy disser have posted in this thread by chance

1 Like

Seem to remember someone in eastenders jumping off a roof or something with ace of spades blasting out

3 Likes

Sleigh Bells crop up on channel 4 stuff quite a lot.

By which I mean, at least twice.

1 Like

Vaguely remember Tonight, Tonight being played during Sabrina the Teenage Witch back in the mid 90s.

Sabrina tries to sneak out of the house aboard her trusty vacuum cleaner to attend a “Smashing Pumpkins” concert, but gets pulled over by a flying motorcycle cop and cited for flying over the town “with a full bag and bad dust emissions.”

What a time to be alive.

8 Likes

Sonic Youth’s ‘I Dreamed I Dream’ plays in the background in the last episode of ‘The Sopranos’.

3 Likes

Nah mate, that’s Journey.

The Decemberists soundtracking a scene in Mad Men

And turning up in The Office.

1 Like

I like it when you go onto a YouTube video and all the comments are like “like if you came here from Skins” or whatever.

WHAT DO YOU KNOW OF LOW, SKINS???

3 Likes

The Skins music picker (what’s the official title?) was pretty hot on it tbf.

1 Like

Is that the same legacy disser who used to do Black Mirror as well?

Sonic Youth are in Gossip Girl playing at a wedding.

Modest Mouse played themselves in the OC, not sure how incongruous that was though

1 Like

And are also in ‘Gilmore Girls’, along with Yo La Tengo and Sparks in the same episode!

2 Likes

Ed Sheeran in anything

There were other bands in the OC (Death Cab, the Walkmen) as well, given they were playing at the club there it seems fair to me.

Yo La Tengo are in Parks and Rec also (returning the favour to Amy Poehler who was on a YLT single cover which just so happens to be my avatar)

This weeks ibiza weekender had 4 different Confidence Man songs on the soundtrack

Spacemen 3’s Big City turning up in The Simpsons?

1 Like

CL?