India vs. England - First Test

Get some Roger Harper down you.

Nickname: Juice

(Big) Benn still takes it Sulieman Benn profile and biography, stats, records, averages, photos and videos

That really is very tall. Never thought he was that big.

Think it’s cause he’s built like a fucking wardrobe

Moeen ends the day on 99!

Worth seeing this from Roger Harper if you never did.

2 Likes

Not related to today’s game in anyway but more of a cricket related perk me up:

4 Likes

Ashley Giles was (and probably still is) 6’4’’ I think. But you may not class him as a spinner.

1 Like

Yeah, this. Had no idea.

Ah, the King of Spain!

1 Like

Reckon England need to be batting into the third session, for pitch deterioration as much as score (although 450+ is going to be needed imo). Delighted that they’re making a fist of it at any rate, would be rubbish to get a decent length series that’s massively one sided (long way to go yet though obviously).

I reckon this series will be 3-1 India - 2 tight-ish games for one each, and two comfortable India wins, with one draw. Just need to haul myself out of bed to watch some of the second sessions - been done in by the 9.30 local time starts.

I still haven’t seen anything of Hameed. I hear he’s got some creamy shots.

1 Like

#WO

Totally. I think 530+ is decent against India. And that’s assuming there’s something somewhere for the England quicks.

All in all winning the toss on what might well be a drawing wicket if we’d won, loss if we’d lost wicket is at least better for the series and hopefully good for England.

• and Wales
1 Like

Brilliant stuff. Batted ourselves past the realistic possibility of a loss. Draws still the big favourite but at least were in the position to capitalise if the pitch starts falling apart

530+ now, which as I explained just up there is decent against India. so decent in fact it’s England’s third highest score on the subcontinent.

What’s the current law regarding being grounded behind the line, if say you’ve dropped your bat, but both feet are off the ground, even if either or both have been grounded? Similarly, can you be stumped mid leap, say if the keeper is standing up to Curtly Ambrose, who bowls a bouncer so high the batter leaps to the conventional slam dunk height. During said leap, the keeper somehow manages to grab the bowl and using the popular forearm technique, sends the bails dropping before the batter has fallen back to the pitch?

Everyone else got the same confidence in England that they’ve been googling the highest first innings scores to lose test matches (this would be the 4th highest ever, fyi)