Indoor Cats

That looks MUCH more satisfying.

We’ve got two cats (brothers), both have access to the outdoors but couldn’t be anymore different.

Sooty is always out and about and just comes home to eat, although he is locked in at night. He’s a massive mouser.

Gizmo is scared of his own shadow and only goes out if he has too and always wants to sit on your lap.

I always keep them in at night, especially as there’s a cat killer around here.

t

2 Likes

My sister in law sends their dog to doggy day care. The people there staged a wedding ceremony for the dog to get married to another dog. It was all very strange.

1 Like

that’s mental though - assuming an average dog lives 12 years how do you know your life circumstances are gonna allow you those flexibilities for that long?

Genuinely think in some respects it’s easier to have a kid than a dog, but i don’t want a bloody child

1 Like

Plus you can flush a kid’s poo down the toilet.

3 Likes

see - no dog of mine is being subjected to that, if that was a child’s nursery there’d be court cases.

Yeah I’d only get one if I knew I was going to be able to work from home and/or had an office that would let me bring it to work (my friend’s office does and it’s amazing <3)

Brooke is self employed so she could look after one, but she’s more of a cat person anyway.

It was an emotional day

#EVEN THE FUCKING CAKE WAS IN TIERS M9!

2 Likes

shotgun wedding?

She could get a Polecat.

Ahahaha.

1 Like

ban request

2 Likes

I’m on a cat group on fb that’s full of Australians that won’t let their cats out in case they get beaten up by kangaroos/bitten by spiders/start licking cane toads. Some of them have built fenced off outdoor runs for them.

this seems to be a thing in the states too

I fell down a cat owners forum black hole a few years back of cat owners who actively think it’s cruel to give cats freedom to wonder

seems very odd to a british cat owner

My old cats have come to live with me recently(after my ex moved) - and they are definitely less keen on outside then they used to be at their old house. They are older (about 12) and have had a few run ins with other cats

I had a litter tray indoors - but was getting sick of the smell/ cleaning etc, and the fact that they seemed to be using it more and more instead of outside. I got rid of it, no issues so far thank god.

Have you read Freedom by Jonathan Franzen? Basically a 600 page rant about how domestic cats murder innocent birds and must be stopped. He probably has a point, didn’t make for the most compelling novel though.

Plus there was a bit when they went to see Ben Fold Five (might not have been Ben Folds Five).

They definitely went to see Bright Eyes at one point. It very nearly ruined Bright Eyes for me.

One of my cats did used to be a prolific killer of birds, mice, frogs and slow worms in her youth (once caught her trying to bring a bat into the house).

She’s not killed anything since she moved in with me though - more urban area so less to kill. Plus she’s an old lady now

apart from all the neighbours’ gardens being covered in stinking diseased cat shit, of course :wink:

Oh yes, that was it.

The RSPB have a briefing note on it: How Many Birds do Cats Kill? UK Bird Declines - The RSPB