Infuriating

In a folder already named 2019, three quarters already labelled without the year, to turn up and create a folder and then put the year on the end. Unbelievable arrogance!

10 Likes

4 Likes

Can a data organisation expert confirm whether Balonz or the cheeky fella is correct here

I’d say Big B is correct, it’s in the 2019 folder.

3 Likes

If they all had 2019 after them I could live with it, although it would still be stupid but this is an abomination!

2 Likes

Consistency is the heart of contentment

Also that’s just messy

I have fixed it

10 Likes

What if the person has sent an email with a link to the folder?

2 Likes

change them all

Q1
Quarter2
Q3_2019
QuarterFour

14 Likes

can’t believe they’ve not used an underscore

2 Likes

They definitely didn’t. Only my team has access to this folder and the tracker is up to last day’s trading anyway.

I’ve only found this out because the guy is on holiday.

20190101-20190331
01042019-30062019
01JUL19-31SEP19
Q4 in progress

7 Likes

I love saying Q1 and Q2 and that at work. Makes me feel like a big business guy even though I cant really remember when they start and end. Basically I have no business talking Qs.

You should get a promotion for this.

3 Likes

if i could be bothered I’d put this on that meme with the guys mind expanding further each time

There are people (and I use that word loosely) here who still name files “September P9 2019”, seemingly unaware that it’ll make the files appear in alphabetical rather than chronological order. Some days, Balonz, some days…

If I go into anyone else’s folders I usually sort by date modified.

2 Likes

I always have to work out where they start and. Just give them names:

Janmar
Apruly
Augoct
Sepdec

Easy. I look forward to seeing the projected Sepdec results in our catch up later today.

So very irked right now.

5 Likes

95% sure you’ve made this up to wind everyone up

2 Likes