Injuries in annoying places

plasticniki to thread.

1 Like

Is that a pop at the Isle of Wight?

3 Likes

My bollock injury was the most annoying one. Couldn’t walk without it clanging against my thigh and causing me to emit a sound like a stovetop kettle that’s on the boil.

1 Like

Can’t even joke with you on this one. That sounds fucking awful.

Although “clanging”?

It felt like a gong being hit. Clang. Clang. Clang.

Sounds rank.

2 Likes

Cracked a rib back in the summer. Had to sleep sat almost upright for a couple of weeks cos lying flat was really painful. Ever tried that? It’s not easy.

Done it on trains, buses and in the back of cars. Easy!

(sorry, not it’s not, it’s horrible and a literal pain in the neck)

1 Like

My coccyx is currently injured. It’s shite.

Means I can’t really sit down properly.

Oh mate :frowning: I love a sit down.

Can you still cycle or are you a pedestrian for a bit?

I also cracked a rib over the summer - bizarre tug of war injury :scream::scream::scream_cat: Took bloody ages to stop being 24/7 niggling…

1 Like

I’ve been off the bike for two weeks. I rode in today and it was much better than it was. Leaning forward helps.

I pulled an intercostal muscle once and that stung very slightly every time I took a breath. That took ages to heal too.

1 Like

Hope it’s all better soon, pal!

1 Like

Not an injury per se but still; I had a really weird skin reaction to being nervous about starting uni - the tips of all Of my fingers cracked and split open. Couldn’t hold or pick up anything without it hurting and then the cream to fix it meant I couldn’t pick up anything full stop.

Made writing essays pretty damn impossible, turns out working fingers are pretty important!

tvm - I’m fine really. It’s moved from the “fucking painful” category to “merely uncomfortable”. it does mean I can hog the sofa for lying down all evening, though :smiley:

1 Like

Mine was a running fall :unamused:

Just remembered my favourite bit - it was in the middle of my hayfever season, for added fun/pain. We went to an outdoor film screening and I had to leave early, cos with every sneeze I felt like my entire rib cage was rattling.

Keep getting terrible dry cracked skin on my hands leading to open sores on the tips of my fingers so that literally everything I do hurts.

4 Likes

this sounds bloody awful m9

1 Like

It’s fucking bullshit