Inside Number 9 Mega Thread

I thought that was the strongest series of it for a while, even though the first episode was imo pretty dire. As for that last one, I did like the atmosphere feeling uncomfortable and strange in a way sort of distinct from how the show usually feels.

And it’s nice to see jingoism getting unambiguously slagged off

3 Likes

Spotted on Twitter just now fyi…

Exciting new details coming soon about “The Insider’s Guide to Inside No. 9“ book - but for now I CAN tell you there will be a special edition of the book also…

— reece shearsmith (@ReeceShearsmith) June 22, 2021
1 Like

FYI, thought this may be of interest

Tickets on sale NOW for our Halloween Q&A launching our behind the scenes “Inside No.9” book: https://t.co/o686Yw03Q4

— reece shearsmith (@ReeceShearsmith) June 24, 2021
3 Likes

Just caught up on the final episode.

^This, I reckon.

Great, great shout. The spiraling intensifying music. The character parallels. I wanna rewatch both, now.

Had a real Chris Morris vibe going on, too, I think, with the ‘just look at the fucking absurd state of where we’re at right now’ element.

Liked the ambiguous ending. Got me hyped for the new season of Fargo that I’ve not started yet, and wondering if there’ll be an unfathomable for-the-hell-of-it UFO type inclusion.

Possibly a total coincidence and entirely irrelevant, but didn’t Mitchell & Webb’s Back have a last ep of the series scene where they ripped up a DNA test?

think the DNA test happened mid-series, and it turned out the others had already read it and told him the result anyway, from what i remember. presuming you’re talking about the most recent series.

1 Like

Have 3 stalls tickets for tonight’s show if anyone wants them. Being laid up with stress fractures so can’t go anywhere, very annoyed. Free to anyone who wants them last minute - msg me and I can email the tickets. Barbican at 730.

10 Likes

the last season was rubbish

enjoyed the lip reader episode

from what i remember, the new series will be mostly stuff written before the last series - they had to write some new ones that they could film in covid-friendly conditions last time.

1 Like

Oh i didnt know that about when they were written. That sounds very promising. I believe i read somewhere Mark Gatiss is in the first episode which im really looking forward to seeing.

1 Like

Incorrect, it was decent.

5 Likes

Yeah, I enjoyed it a lot, only 1 I didn’t care for out of 6, not bad at all for an anthology show in its sixth series.

Anyone remember Funland? co written by Jeremy Dyson, Gatiss pops up as a taxidermist in it too. Aired on BBC3 back in 2005, I rewatched it last week, some bits I’d forgotten about shocked me all over again, it was even seedier and more grimy than I remembered.

1 Like

never heard of this! i’m interested

It’s League of Gentleman, but a thriller and set in Blackpool. I got the dvd years ago, not sure if it’s streaming but looks like it’s on Dailymotion

3 Likes

New series starts toneet

10pm BBC2

2 Likes

Hmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Lovely stuff. Not the strongest story, but some killer lines. Diane Morgan superb.

3 Likes

I guess it was more about the reunion of the LoG than the story of the friends reunion and the main character’s reunion with his wife at the end after being rowed to the “other side” by Charon - a simple story, but a good start.

Yeah, Diane Morgan stole the show!

3 Likes