Insignificant moments in your childhood

When my parents saw my GCSE results their only response was asking me about the one E on there. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Remember going to see Airdrie play Aberdeen at Broomfield, and getting there early enough to watch the warmups (I think maybe whoever I went with had parents who worked at the stadium?).

Alex McLeish was there, so we waved at him until he smiled and waved back, then gave him the finger. Think I was seven years old.

1 Like

should have hid it in your sock really

1 Like

Well I guess they were proud of your top mark.

3 Likes

someone getting new trainers was a big event in our primary school, remember feeling like the most popular person alive when i wore my new air max 93’s into school, played football in them that afternoon on an ash park and was subsequently grounded when my ma saw the state of them

2 Likes

Not half as proud as I was!

Got that for doing next to fuck all. * fist pump *

Remember a wasp landing on my hand in the playground when we were all lining up to go back to class. I was so scared I just froze still and it just flew off

2 Likes

Moved around loads growing up, but all in the same village. Spent a lot of my teens on a new build estate that was constantly growing so there were always building sites with walking distance. Used to build amazing dens out of bricks and scaffold that could have killed us if they collapsed in on us.

Also, that time when we escaped from someone who was well noncy in hindsight. KEEP IT LIGHT

there’s an ongoing abuse investigation at my old school. Starting to think that some of those jokes about a noncy priest maybe… weren’t? :grimacing:

1 Like

We had a priest who was banged up for images on his computer

I remember visiting a relative’s restaurant and was offered some free ice-cream. I couldn’t decide between strawberry and chocolate. The waiter suggested I could have both with Neopolitan. It is an insignificant memory eating ice-cream, but it’s vivid and I still think about it from time to time.

3 Likes

Doing a poo in my uncle’s garden while my cousins watched and laughed. Think I was about 7?! Far too old to do that sort of thing.

Uncle buried it later that afternoon after Daniel dobbed me in, the little cunt

5 Likes

Classic Daniel.

He’s absolutely spineless

Never too old, my friend.

2 Likes

We had a Scout leader banged up for abuse. Happened before I joined the organisation but he was still a leader while the case was ongoing. Fucking mind boggling stuff.

I seem to have sent this thread into a dark place, I’m sorry! :frowning:

This has reminded me that one time our karate instructor didn’t come in, and one of the senior black belts sat us down and explained that he’d been held up at a petrol station, subsequently gotten done for incapacitating the two robbers, and as a result of now having a criminal record could no longer teach us.

Found out about a year later that actually he’d been caught taking cash from the dojo’s kitty. Bizarre behaviour all round.

2 Likes

The amount of weird abuses in small organisations like that is ridiculous.

This is giving me flashbacks about the sheer oddness of the martial arts group all my mates were in in their teens. Lead by a complete sociopath who used to turn up at our houses if we were having parties, lecture us about drinking and ring our parents to come get us. What a fucking oddball.

1 Like

It’s often bad songs. For instance, I have a memory of the Coventry City FA Cup Final song, “Sky Blues”. I remember it playing in the build up to the 1987 Cup Final, being overjoyed at them winning (I was at the age where I’d just arbitrarily pick a team to support every cup final), cycling at speed round the village singing “Sky Blues” - and then falling off my bike.

4 Likes