Instagram

Their timeline processing seems to have gone extra shit recently. I know they decided to stop presenting a timeline of photos a while back and bump things based on popularity or something but now it seems like photos a week old are just being pushed into my feed, which is just confusing and annoying.

Why is UX design so bad?

1 Like

*lack of UX design.

Iā€™m a UX designer, and Instagram drives me nuts.

1 Like

canā€™t tell if itā€™s just my phone but lately iā€™ve been getting notifications really late/after iā€™ve already seen the thing itā€™s notifying me about. itā€™s getting on me tits.

2 Likes

Aye was just about to post this. Thought it might just be an iPhone thing but appaz not.

Yeah. In fact thereā€™s also a weird thing where comments arenā€™t showing up under posts but youā€™ll know they exist because you had a notification of a reply or a comment.

Weird.

They shouldā€™ve never changed the icon!

2 Likes

uninstalled the guardian app because I was getting push notifications about stuff like interest falling by 0.2% in the last financial year and boring shit like that. The only time I need a notification is when things like last nightā€™s bombing happens.

Cant even remember the old one

Literally dozens of people were up in arms about it.

4 Likes

Sounds like your interest fell by 100%!!!

4 Likes

The old icon was properly, properly shit.

2 Likes

Guess what other thing Iā€™m not even on

2 Likes

4 Likes

Iā€™m also getting notifications/follow requests on the app & when I go to have a look itā€™s just a list of follow suggestions

Oddly the notifications/follow requests show up as they should on the desktop version

But aside from insta the whole non-chronological UX fad made/makes big realtime news events nonsensical on twitter. Last night/this morning was a jumble of two day old memes, prayers, sketchy smartphone videos, Trump in Saudi jokes & rampant Islamaphobia

No continuity with unfolding events at all

3 Likes

Gonna pop this in my ā€˜favourite bits and pieces in sportā€™ thread.

[quote=ā€œBodyInTheThames, post:14, topic:14772, full:trueā€]
Iā€™m also getting notifications/follow requests on the app & when I go to have a look itā€™s just a list of follow suggestions [/quote]

Yes! This too.

Yeah, this is in part what prompted me to post this. It seems completely out of step with whatā€™s going on today :frowning:

1 Like

Oh yeah!

There seems to be a general problem with social media at the moment with over-notifying. Facebookā€™s started telling me how many people have interacted with my posts in the last week, like that matters in any way, and Twitter basically now tells me whenever anyone posts anything. Total pair of aching balls.

3 Likes