International Malaise Football Thread

What’s the odds on Spain to win? Anyone watching? 6 is nuts

1 Like

okay, but I think there are better options available, even if it did mean recruiting abroad, than fucking pizza hut.

Spain have far, far better footballers than England. Like there’s obviously a massive talent involved in being a successful international manager, but I just don’t think it’s necessarily the same skillset as being a good club manager. Reckon klopp would be a disaster, as would pep for all bar 2 or 3 countries

There are 4 teams who can win it, maybe 3 given France seem a bit of a state. Spain are one of them

BBC certainly making it sound like Argentina are just shit

Argentina will piss it.

Really depends. Better technically, but there’s a way to win without having a team of technically gifted players. Southgate absolutely isn’t the man to do it. Reckon Brendan’d do a job in international football tbh

State of those CM options. Certainly not an attack on your squad selection

Allardyce was the better option and he fucked it. Genuinely gutted we’re not going to get to see how he would have approached a World Cup

2 Likes

Come again, son…

Andy Carroll and 10 Andy Carroll clones

2 Likes

For a team missing their best and only world class player they’ve been alright this week and have improved under him generally imo

Anyone watching the ITV coverage still? All of the pundits have flip flopped on the VAR decision post Southgate interview. Thought they were oddly pro VAR for a minute there

Caballero making his second appearance is going well then

*Australia

Just seeing those CM options in black and white is pretty depressing they are pretty much our only choice

Think it would be nice to.let JT see off jis international.career for good.and lead the team out in Russia

Spanish wigs are flying

Realising the ref in this match is Anthony Taylor has done me

hmm, not this

I think Southgate is at least looking to bring players through and playing passing football whereas Allardyce would have been more reliant on reputation & blunt force

not gonna win anything either way though so …

1 Like