International Men's Day

oh, my

If there’s one thing we’ve learned from Philip May it’s that bin day is the exclusive domain of the International Man.

Yeah decent, especially when I was working/out most of the week I’d generate probably 70-80% of my waste Friday evening>Sunday

1 Like

International Wasteman Day

Might start a Provincial Men’s Day to celebrate all the local lads.

1 Like

or maybe a Provençal Men’s Day just for the frenchies from Provence

1 Like

8th March

Thank you aggpass, I’ve always wanted my own day.

1 Like

I don’t really follow days like this religiously but it’s helped me lots today finding out mental health resources on Twitter - I’m so happy and grateful that most of my male friends IRL are very open emotionally and never feel conditioned to act like and can see right through the cliches of (toxic) masculinity - one friend works on a psychiatric ward and he’s so good at calming those with aggression related conditions, but it’s more society and media that’s conditioned me to sometimes act with the worst, most thin skinned, boorish kind of maleness. I don’t mean but it’s more just sheer cringeworthy insecurity, as recently as 2018 I’d be reluctant about wanting to order a vegan option in a restaurant because other (probably trashy :D) men might think I was a “snowflake” etc

It’s no coincidence that the more I’ve moved away from that the better I’ve got on both IRL and on these forums and that can only be a good thing. So many fellow DiSers helped me a great deal when I had a bit of a MH crisis about 18 months ago and I’ll always be grateful for that :heart:.

2 Likes

So I’m not really convinced by the idea of an international men’s day per se, particularly after looking up some of the ideas associated with it up thread howevvvveeeerrrrr

I think there is scope to try and define a positive masculinity for the 21st century sort of in keeping with this video

and perhaps International Men’s Day could be a way to reflect on that? Idk

im a man

*I don’t mean misogyny or just being outwardly generally a loudmouth prat but it’s more just sheer, cringeworthy insecurity

I’m a man I drive in my Mercedes
I’m a man I’m sweet, I like the ladies
All the dames they want my babies

6 Likes

only two of those are correct

Jeff Magnum

tobey maguire?

1 Like

Alvin Lucier’s ‘I Am Sitting In A Room’ but it’s Laurence Fox asking “why isn’t there an International Men’s Day?”

1 Like

Love contra points so much

1 Like

So when’s there a day for Provincial Men then?