Interpol's Turn on the Bright Lights at 15

Was at Luxembourg on Saturday night because I quite agree with the “Fuck Ally Pally” sentiments. At a conservative estimate I’d say there must have been at least 50-100 Brits in a crowd of 1000ish, so we clearly weren’t alone in our thinking. Felt like every British person we bumped into over the weekend was going.

Pretty stunning show, Paul Banks just exudes such a presence from stage. Having been a bit young to catch them doing this album first time round, it was great to finally hear Untitled, Stella and The New live.

Going to the Manchester show in a couple of weeks. Seriously cannot wait for it. For everyone moaning about Ally Pally in London, the Albert Hall in Manchester is a top, top venue.

Anyway, the album was and still is one of the best debuts ever…such a perfectly constructed album. Best track for me is Leif Erikson.

You’re so TheoSupermarket.com

2 Likes

Totally gutted I missed out on tickets to see my all time favourite band play my all time favourite album in what is almost certainly the best venue in the UK. Always panic with the online queuing system. Have to settle for Ally Pally which I’ve always avoided due to everyone saying it’s crap. I guess I’m lucky anyway as saw them a few times around the time it came out and have already seen all the songs live with Carlos. Why only 2 uk dates?!!!

Best track for me is The New.

1 Like

great album, would be ace to see them at the albert hall i prefer antics

Yeah everyone stood around me was British. I guess it is a short flight and fell on the weekend.

I LOVE the Albert Hall! Just fancied a holiday to Prague innit :wink:

Good for you?

1 Like

The perfect album and to do it as their first makes it unbelievable.
Seeing them at Forest HIlls stadium next month supported by Battles and Deerhunter, could be the perfect gig too…

Definitely, and it’s only a two hour train ride for Londoners. So good for everyone.

Oh cool I’ll just book train tickets up to this sold out show then seems reasonable

Don’t know who that is sorry/not 45 years of age

ah I think you do.

You can’t prove a god damned thing!!!

the fact you said not 45 years of age leads me to believe you know who he is and what programme he was on. But anyway. Roland - great song. Also one of my favourites.

I know who it is

1 Like

I know you know. And I know you know that I know you know.

Maybe it wasn’t the point all along!

1 Like

Where’s good for a beer near Ally Pally? Haven’t been there since I was about 17 when I’m pretty sure I just had some cans in the park.