Interviews (not jobs)

I once sat on a panel of experts in front of an audience of about 10 people for an evening event about community energy and the person chairing it seemed to think of himself as some kind of environmental David Dimbleby and really overdid his performance.

I was interviewed twice for different articles about the book club I set up in Newcastle. They appeared in issues of the same magazine about three years apart.

I’ve been interviewed by low-level local media because of bands I’ve been in. I always struggle to give a sensible answer though; I interview lots of bands myself and most musicians are incredibly boring (or at least, it’ can be very difficult to draw them out onto interesting topics, especially when they’re promoting something specific) so when the shoe is on the other foot I try to be as entertaining as possible.

I bet it’s really, really annoying.

Oh, just remembered, that I was on someone’s show on Boogaloo Radio a while back. But it felt more like a conversation than an interview, although questions were asked during the show.