Introductions!

New to the DiS community? Come on in and introduce yourself!

What brought you here, what music are you into, what don’t you understand about this place? We would love to get to know you!

13 Likes

Hi, I’m Mert Aksac and I’m the type of guy you’d like to do business with.

I’m here to make friends and talk about the foods I like

16 Likes

Hello! Hope you have an enjoyable DiS experience!

6 Likes

Welcome Mert!

7 Likes

Hello, I’m ma0sm. I’m Welsh, but live in The Netherlands. Have been posting here for over a decade now, mostly in the day time when I should be doing other things (originally uni, nowadays work).

15 Likes

Welcome ma0sm!

7 Likes

the same as ma0sm but I’m not Welsh

14 Likes
4 Likes

Hello, I am Sean who started DiS back in the year 2000. Nice to meet ya.

33 Likes

Hello

I am Body in the Thames

Originally from Manchester but been living in the EU since 2001. Dual Swedish & British citizen these days. Posting on here for the last 15 years give-or-take in an attempt to keep contact with UK life/music

I make music with synthesizers and drum machines including releases on this forum’s collective boutique label Disintegration State along with a bunch of others who also post here

Mainly posting in social but also in music fairly regularly

Fave topics; gear/production, news/politics/society/human rights, occasional football, occasional art, occasional tech

I work for an NGO

13 Likes

Not much has changed but we post underwater

14 Likes

I’m nav and I primarily use this as a resource to keep up to date with good rap music, which is in of itself a testament to how quietly nuanced this place is

19 Likes

Hi I’m tilty. I’m originally from the Isle of Man, and usually live in London.

I enjoy cycling, eating, baths, and weirdly enough, music!

17 Likes

wave.001
I’m xcheopis, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area (Land of my Mothers), and I’m here for the cats.

20 Likes

I’m maggieloveshopey (it’s a Love and Rockets thing). I mostly like reading books, playing video games, looking for megaliths and listening to music that just sounds like a load of banging and shouting. I am based in the West Country, and I ain’t moving.

16 Likes

I’m Rob, originally from London and now in Newcastle. Robstation on the basis that it’s something to do with the character Station from Bill and Ted but honestly can’t remember why now.

I’m here for the nonsense, the emo recommendations, and being really boring about birdwatching for the most part.

19 Likes

Hi i’m Caedus from Birmingham and have been here either as me, another version of me, or a lurker for what seems like forever. I’m trying to engage more but y’know, it can be tough. This is a great place.

My name is a star wars reference but the star wars stuff on here moves too fast for me so don’t get involved much :smiley: Otherwise its riffs, noise, screaming at a wall and a bit of arsenal.

14 Likes

Hello! I’m coolerthantv, which are lyrics from Willy Mason’s ‘Gravity’, a song I haven’t listened to in about 10 years :man_shrugging:

Have been on DiS for ages but don’t post a lot outside of a few topics. I’m also here for the rap recommendations plus a bit of sports chat.

14 Likes

I’m Michael, an irregular lurker/poster who used to post a bit on the old boards under a different username. I was reading a book about Abraham Lincoln when I signed up to the new boards so picked this username for no reason in particular.

I’m originally from Bradford but I now live in Leicester. I used to be a newspaper journalist but jumped ship a few years ago and decided to do something completely different and I’m now a solicitor.

Mostly on here for punk and emo recommendations and occasionally chipping in on topics on the social board which interest me!

18 Likes