Introductions!

Hello everyone from Thessaloniki, Greece. I am Alex.

The reason I registered is because I like forums and until recently I thought that forums gradually die because of the speed of social media. I am very happy that in this corner of the internet things seem to be different and I hope we are given the opportunity to get to know each other (musically and in general) better.

19 Likes

Hi! You might be our only member living in Greece I think? We do have some UK-based Greeks/Greek Cypriots (eg. me, and my name is also Alex)

3 Likes

ela re patrida (:

Nice to meet you, guys!

6 Likes

Hello!

I’m back again. I used to be a regular poster back in 2003-2007ish. I can’t remember what my username was.

I started writing for DiS as a reviewer in 2006. I wrote a ridiculous gushing review of the Guillemots ‘Through the Windowpane’ which probably hasn’t aged as well as I thought it would. That said, it gets re-tweeted by Fyfe Dangerfield every now and again, which is nice.

I went AWOL for a while and forgot about new music for whatever reason.

Now I’m in Manchester and dipping my toe back into seeing all the live music.

It is good to be back…

17 Likes

Ello. :wave: Like a lot of people it would seem, I used to post on and off a good few years ago (late ‘00s?). Then lurked for a bit, then not, and now saying hello again. I suppose I’m mostly keen on the idea of wasting time on the internet in a way that’s sociable but without all the horrors of social media, and finding out about music from people rather than algorithms. I like all sorts of music but especially ambient/experimental stuff, stuff at the folkier end of the indie spectrum, sad pop songs, and folk-punk. I also like comedy, books, tofu, moaning about politics, the usual. I’m not from Kentucky; I suppose I may be an anarchist.

18 Likes

Hey! You can call me Chas. I’m from the Philippines.

This is actually my first time on DiS. I found the site because I was looking for online communities to discuss music with and stumbled upon this article. The search was prompted shortly after the release of Kavinsky’s Reborn album. I had a discussion with a friend about it, and after everything, I wished I could participate in that kind of experience and appreciation more frequently. I’m usually on Twitter and Discord a lot but I need a more dedicated avenue for this, hehe.

I don’t really have a single favorite genre but I listen to a lot of metalcore, discotech, and (electric) guitar instrumentals. I spend most of my day listening to music - at work and at home - and it has become a big part of my life. Despite that, I don’t really play any musical instrument. (But maybe someday when I get the time!)

To be honest, I am actually pretty socially awkward so I would appreciate the patience when dealing with me, haha. Other things I enjoy include playing video games and drawing illustrations! I guess that’s it for an intro? Hello! :grin:

20 Likes

One of us!

Glad you’ve decided to join up @Chas, hope you have fun! :blush:

8 Likes

6 years since I signed up here, should probably say hello eh? :wave:

14 Likes

olá pope

2 Likes

Top grade profile pic!

2 Likes

Well,
My names thesewoodenideas
And I’m Here to say,
Posting Simpsons memes is the only way

3 Likes

Welcome to the boards!!

6 Likes

Hello Everyone!

You can just refer to me as Sleepy to keep things simple. I’m a musician from South East, US. I write indie rock/garage/southern gothic music. I have so many likes and hobbies including: watching streams, World of Warcraft, anime/manga, fly fishing, wood working, camping, working on old cars. I’m all over the place. My real job is work as a geneticist, but I’m continually pushing the music career. I cant wait to talk to others that love music as much as I do. Cheers!

18 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

Thank you! @HotBeefTrauma

4 Likes

repots of my deth hav bin grately exagerrated

5 Likes

Lawnmower or Mega?

2 Likes

Hello, saw the forum mentioned in the DiS Twitter and thought it would be worth a look, visited a few topics and smashed the join button.

I make ambient music and mostly listen to it, plus a bit of general electronic stuff and some hip hop and metal too.

Apart from that, I’m into computer games, cycling and movies. Looking forward to getting involved in the forum :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Welcome, @Exit_Chamber! :wave:

2 Likes

Hello! :wave: Nice to meet you!

2 Likes